Hello from East Texas

kenjones800

Standard Bore
I purchased 06 Rocket (standard) with 3700 miles a couple months ago, it's nice. The Rocket has Triumph performance pipes and I put in a K&N filter. I had to replaced the back tire is the only thing I had to do. I had to make brackets to lift bike, I got the info from reading here. I have purchased a PCIII from a member here, just waiting on it to arrive. I also have a 1800VTX tweaked out. I have been doing a bit of reading and noticed there could be an ignition switch problem. Is there a detailed post on how to fix with diagrams and parts? Anyway nice to meet the fellow Rocket riders.

KD

KD,
Welcome to the site.
glad you found you a nice bike.
You'll need to either make or buy an Eastern beaver kit
(guy in Japan makes them)
but I think the hardest part about the whole deal is getting the ignition switch off.
At least it was for me.
Good luck and again, WELCOME from Oklahoma.

ignition kit

Thanks, I checked out the Eastern Beaver Kit and the instructions are a little confusing. Is the kit hard to install?

KD

The EB kit is very simple to install. You don't have to touch the ignition switch. I think Skip was referring to how hard it is to replace the ignition switch if you DON'T install the EB kit.

I'll have to search for my detailed instructions including pics and post the link back here.

btw, where in east TX? I'm originally from the Bonham area.

Here ya go: http://www.r3owners.net/bearclaw-corner/9603-standard-headlight-bulbs.html

Start at post #15.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of good info here. Where in East Texas, I'm in Spring.

Bob

Hi Ken and welcome from Brisbane Australia. Can't help with the switch info, mine was upgraded with a recall from triumph

ignition switch

Thanks Tdragger for the instructions I believe I can do it. After the install what H4 bulbs did you use?

Hello to everyone I am in the Tyler/Longview area. Some people call our area deep East Texas.

Mexican from Tulsa do you ever ride the Talimena National Scenic Byway?
I try tp ride it a couple times a year. One of the best rides I been on.

KD

I've tried several of the Sylvania options that you can get at Autozone. Didn't see much difference. Once you put the EB kit in, the lights are soooooo bright anyway you don't need to spend too much on the bulbs. The cheaper ones actually last longer.

Back