hello from Austin, TX

Welcome from Denton. It is great to have fellow Tx captains here! Keep the Daytona. Get you an MC trailer and take it to the trailes behind your R3R. I LOVE the looks I get pulling heavy loads behind my std.

PS I am still looking for a good deal on a used roadster.

so I finally got to pick up the Roadster and ride it home :D

I don't think I'll be missing the power of my Daytona too much… can't wait to get it run it and really see what it can do! (carefully of course!)
Gonna ride it from Austin to Dallas next week so it won't take me long at least

What's everyone's thoughts about the first accessories to get, to aid in long ride comfort? Windscreen, highway pegs, the leg air deflectors, cruise control?

Maybe a seat and highway pegs. Rider's backrest is great on the long haul too - and to help you stay on the bike when you really twist that right hand. :D That's all you need. Forget about windscreens and wind deflectors, IMO. ;)

yeah i was thinking about the throttlemeister, looks good…bought a cheap cramp buster in the meantime for the trip, short on time for the other.

back rest sounds like a good idea too, even taking it easy i can see it's not difficult to fly off it!

and those are the two cheapest things! result

It doesn't have anything to do with long distance comfort but.... the best bang for the buck if you like power is a GIPro. It will give you a huge increase in lower gears. Not to mention you get a gear indicator (which you will find very beneficial.

Welcome from Dry Ridge Kentucky. Evo, I would make sure I had a throttle lock. After just putting mine on the bike (sitting in the bag for 6 months), I wish I had done it a long time ago. Mine is the type that mounts on the bar, and you just move the front brake master cyl a little. It then comes across and wraps around everything on the bars. It works, but I hate it. Orgemiester has a very simple, easy to use lever that is most likely under $12.00. I will try one of those next. Good luck with your new toy, Captain.
Kid

Back