Hello from a froggy newbie from France

Bonjour JPHDT , Bienvenue de la gang de Montreal !
Merci pour cet accueil venant d’un « rocketteur » de la belle Province..... et sans doute une des régions du monde ayant la plus accueillante des populations.

Hey! I thought there was no swearing allowed on this site!? :) Just joking.... :)
Oopss my foreign language is limited, I did not catch the joke... What is the meaning of "swearing" you are speaking of ?

I do not know about NZ, but it is true that when you are in Montreal and you are lost, people naturally come asking you how they could help. In Paris it is not the same, but if you are a young pretty lady.

There is nothing wrong with your English! :) In a cartoon you might see, $#%&! (or something like that) in the place of a 'swear' word. In America it would be called 'cussing' I think....so, 'rude words'. When we, ignorant people, who generally speak only one language, see another language it may as well be 'swear' words to us - hence the joke. You're all good my friend. And yes, in New Zealand, people will also ask if they can help you - and not just if you're a pretty girl. :) Welcome!

There is nothing wrong with your English! :) In a cartoon you might see, $#%&! (or something like that) in the place of a 'swear' word. In America it would be called 'cussing' I think....so, 'rude words'. When we, ignorant people, who generally speak only one language, see another language it may as well be 'swear' words to us - hence the joke. You're all good my friend. And yes, in New Zealand, people will also ask if they can help you - and not just if you're a pretty girl. :) Welcome!
It is so rare to speak French outside France. So Quebec in Canada is very friendly for that and not only 👍🏼
A great thank you for your welcome. I would enjoy to visit New Zealand. Unfortunately my wife will not enjoy a so long travel... 😭 This is a pity for me.

I remember the name of "Thunderbike" in New Zealand where I got my exhaust on my previous R3. I have stil to wait for 17 days to get the new one.... 🏍

Back