Hello Fellow Rocketeers!

Ride safe mate...

Hello 3bangin and welcome from Virginia, sorry for the lateness of my greeting. I am glad to read you are back on the working bike and that you didn't end up flying off in its prior condition. Unless you are in the Flagstaff area, I wouldn't expect much ice in Arizona.

WELCOME from WA State!
NM is a great riding state!

I had very similar symptoms, in mine, as someone said, it was a clip came off the shaft.

Sorry I never saw your follow up question. In the future, it's easy to get someone's attention by putting @ in frond of their name. Then they'll get a notification. Glad she didn't lock up on you in a critical situation!
$5500 seems a little on the high side, but I don't know what you ended up laying out in parts? Doesn't really matter as the important thing is you now have a rideable beast! Enjoy her! There's some beautiful riding to be had in NM.

East NM isn't so great. I've been to Tacoma a couple times though and I'd much rather ride up there!

We do have some awesome riding up here, especially during July through September.

I hope yours didn't/doesn't cost as much as mine did. That being said, I'm glad I spent the $$.

Mine was $4100, but I got undercut gears and a billet 4th gear out of it.