Hello Fellow Rocketeers!

3Bangin

Standard Bore
Ride
06 Special Edition
Just bought a brand new (read: new to me) 2006 Rocket III Special Edition. Very excited to own a Triumph again after a 3.5 yr separation. Just a quick background, first bike was in '10, 1995 Sprint 900 in standard British race green. Loved it! had that for a couple years and left England to see more of the world. Ended up in New Mexico and diverted from buying a Harley Fat Bob for a 2007 Honda VTX1300C. Fantastic cruiser. Decided it was time for an upgrade after a co-worker continuously jabbed about having a small bike (he has an '11 R3 touring). Found a guy selling his SE and jumped on it. Only draw back is fully disclosed, transmission problems, it won't shift higher than third. I'm hoping I won't end up spending an arm and a leg to get this beauty open-road worthy. Enough about me, I look forward to seeing everyone's bikes and reading /learning about this fantasy turned reality.

Welcome from one of the many Aussies, someone with more knowledge than me about transmissions will surely be along in no time to offer you some great advice. Good luck with getting it sorted...

Welcome 3B,from one of the Aussies , if you don't leave the suburbs you can leave it a 3 speeder still go awfully fast:), the problem hopefully is just a gear selector out of adjustment does the lever just click up twice from neutral or move up 4 clicks from neutral, that may tell us a it more about the fault

Back