Hello Fellow Rocketeers!

So here we are, two months and $5500 later, I have a fully functioning rocket with a brand new tranny. Turns out one of the gears was completely destroyed and sent shards into the rest of the transmission to be ground into a metallic pulp. It was a complete rebuild. I wish I could say I did it myself, but being gone for 6 of the past 8 weeks, I decided to turn it over to a triumph dealer and let them handle it so I could at least have it done this year. Anyway, rode it home today and plan to ride it for the foreseeable future as long as there isn't ice on the ground.
Ride safe mate...

Hello 3bangin and welcome from Virginia, sorry for the lateness of my greeting. I am glad to read you are back on the working bike and that you didn't end up flying off in its prior condition. Unless you are in the Flagstaff area, I wouldn't expect much ice in Arizona.

I had very similar symptoms, in mine, as someone said, it was a clip came off the shaft.

Sorry I never saw your follow up question. In the future, it's easy to get someone's attention by putting @ in frond of their name. Then they'll get a notification. Glad she didn't lock up on you in a critical situation!
$5500 seems a little on the high side, but I don't know what you ended up laying out in parts? Doesn't really matter as the important thing is you now have a rideable beast! Enjoy her! There's some beautiful riding to be had in NM.

East NM isn't so great. I've been to Tacoma a couple times though and I'd much rather ride up there!

We do have some awesome riding up here, especially during July through September.

Back