Hello All..... Handling Help Please...

Good Points. I took a closer look at the last photo and there are leather saddle bags with a different support. The touring had Panniers (see my photos). That said, my above comments still hold but concur and look forward to the parking lot test feedback. Speaking for myself, learning is always occurring... :thumbsup::cool:
-MIG
I can't see one photo of his whole bike just pictures of his tyres. The spelling gives away his location. Getting a glimpse of his front wheel its definitely a Roadster.

Hi everyone... just had my 2014 R3 delivered and took it out on Sunday for a quick blast.... now heres the thing... never owned a 'cruiser' style before... sports bikes and adveture bikes that handled like a sports bike... so good peg/ knee scratching.... Steering on this is slow, but right turns are so hard, have to reallt 'turn in' in the bars... whats peoples experience, or are the tryes wrong, or another common issue thats barring me from smiling like a twit . . . .
If its a touring/tourer then the rear should be a 180 not a 240, if its a roadster change the tyres to Avon Chromes and put 38-40 psi in the front and 42 in the rear.The bike is long and does need a bit of counter steer but its not a sport bike and wont handle like one.. Mine has chromes and i run 42psi rear and 38 front and handle really nice .

Something is not adding up about this thread. Where is the OP?
Is he passed away and Samm Loulou is selling in the other thread? :confused:
Time difference? ..or he's got a job like mine (13-15 hour days)... Heh! I'm looking forward to my first retirement and only working half-time; you know, 40 hour weeks :rolleyes: :cool:
-MIG

Hi everyone... just had my 2014 R3 delivered and took it out on Sunday for a quick blast.... now heres the thing... never owned a 'cruiser' style before... sports bikes and adveture bikes that handled like a sports bike... so good peg/ knee scratching.... Steering on this is slow, but right turns are so hard, have to reallt 'turn in' in the bars... whats peoples experience, or are the tryes wrong, or another common issue thats barring me from smiling like a twit . . . .

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Expecting it to handle as sport bike or as a
dual use is the major problem, caused by another problem most probably...
When you say you have to "turn in" the bars you mean you turn left by turning the bar left?

Thanks...... Its a tourer... running 'standard' Metzlers front n rear 150/80 R 17 on front, 240/50 R 16 on rear... pics show as far as I can tell, no squaring etc....
I
Welcome! I came from a similar riding history, but after getting rods in my neck decided on a tourer. My initial response to the bike was just like yours. It’s not the bike, but rather your muscle memory. I liken sport/trail bike maneuvering to riding with your shoulders, while the cruiser is with your arse. I put on Avon cobras as have a lot of others. With those tires and the newly learned placement of your weight, that beast glides through the turns effortlessly. You will enjoy. Congratulations on your new ride.

Back