Hello All..... Handling Help Please...

Are you sure it's a touring? The photos is post #6 don't look like a touring. Those are not hard bags on Triumph mounts and forks don't look lit touring forks.

It's definitely a Touring. Sounds like something is wrong, I have scraped floorboards and muffler on mine. Like someone mentioned, maybe cable binding.

Hello @Stunty69 and welcome from Virginia. I have the 2014 R3 Touring and have never noticed any issue with any turns fast or slow. I have even won a few backyard slow speed races on mine. If you show us a picture of the full side of the bike it may help us for sure know which of the two bikes you do have. Like Mig and Atomsplitter stated above, the R3T has floor boards and hard panniers. Some folks do indeed put bags on their Roadsters but they are still R3Rs.

With that said, A R3R will be slightly more difficult to maneuver at slower speeds due tot he larger rear tire. It has a shorter wheel base so rapid turn ins on the fly should be slightly better.

Assuming it's a Roadster..... Once you change to tires with different profiles so that the rake is shortened you will definitely feel a BIG difference in "flickability" (slight exaggeration, but not in comparison to stock). Everyone has their favorites- for me it's the Bridgestone Exedra Max Rear Motorcycle Tire 240/55R-16 and Dunlop American Elite Front Motorcycle Tire 140/75R-17 (67V). What matters here most is the profile.
First time out, for me, it felt too responsive for a bike that size, but you quickly get used to it and will never go back to the stock dimensions.
I guarantee if you change to the above, or something similar (Cobra Chromes) you will be amazed at the difference.

Last edited:
Check your tire pressure, I run 40 front and 42 rear. Does take a hefty counter steer to turn the beast, a lot more with low tire pressure.

If memory serves the "touring" ran a 180 spec rear. If yours is a 14 it should be the Roadster version. Roadster is foot pegs not footboards. Your exhaust leads me to believe you have the Roadster. When you say 'hard to turn right' you mean the counter steer is difficult, i.e. requires a lot of force on the handlebar? It should require no more force to turn right as it does left if the headstock and wheel bearings are up to snuff. Find an open parking lot and do a series of left and right turns at various speeds. How does the bike 'turn-in' respond at slower speeds vice higher. If the tires are good (including air pressure), then something other than tires is likely the problem (something simple like a cable incorrectly routed around the headstock can cause an issue). Post up your results.
The Roadster runs the 240 and the touring is 180 right? I think the OP has a Roadster. If you come from a sport bike the big tire will make for needed pressure on the bar to counter steer. The right to left difference does not sound normal. Unless one of his arms is stronger than the other. :roll:

This is the picture he posted, guys.
DSC_0932.JPG-F.jpg

Back