Gt3 2020. Check engine light, hard to start..

Thommo 1123

Standard Bore
Ride
Gt3 rocket, Ducati 900 ss,
Hi guys, looking for some advice. At 850 km my gt3 showed a check engine light. I booked it in for its first service. ( nearest dealer is a 4 hour ride away) 2 days later it was harder to start than normal, and was blowing some Grey/ black some. Check engine light came on again. Rode it back to the dealer a week later. They said that it was reading exhaust sensor was not communicating with inlet sensor. They did a soft ware down load reset and the bike was fine. I rode it home. A week later the same problem has occurred. Check engine light, harder to start and rough idle till it warms up. Then runs perfectly well. I am heading back to the dealer but would like to have some idea of what they should be looking for before I get there. The bike now has 1600 km on it…… mostly to the dealer and home. Disappointing as the bike is amazing. Cheers and thanks Thommo.

Hi guys, looking for some advice. At 850 km my gt3 showed a check engine light. I booked it in for its first service. ( nearest dealer is a 4 hour ride away) 2 days later it was harder to start than normal, and was blowing some Grey/ black some. Check engine light came on again. Rode it back to the dealer a week later. They said that it was reading exhaust sensor was not communicating with inlet sensor. They did a soft ware down load reset and the bike was fine. I rode it home. A week later the same problem has occurred. Check engine light, harder to start and rough idle till it warms up. Then runs perfectly well. I am heading back to the dealer but would like to have some idea of what they should be looking for before I get there. The bike now has 1600 km on it…… mostly to the dealer and home. Disappointing as the bike is amazing. Cheers and thanks Thommo.
To me sounds like a defective sensor... you can connect "any" obd reader to the bike and read the error code. Let's start there

GOING TO GUESS IS WHAT THEY DID WAS TO CLEAR THE CODES (SOrry caps) this let it run ok till the code popped up again.
1st i would get a little scanner (like pica said) and post the code or codes that u have.
i would try to clear codes to see if it runs better and how quick they come back.
entirely possible u have a bad sensor
also possibly to much gas going in to burn it properly .
not likely to have a bad cat (at least for now unless this problem continues)
to much gas going into the cat will melt down the cat.
considering how far u have to go i would demand the sensors b changed.
if it is missing/not running correct should b trailered
hth

double check your oil level make sure its not over the full mark very far

double check your oil level make sure its not over the full mark very far
Hi again, it seems that checking the oil level is not that straight forward. Do you have any tips on how to do it correctly? Cheers Thommo

Hi again, it seems that checking the oil level is not that straight forward. Do you have any tips on how to do it correctly? Cheers Thommo
first time of the day, cold engine, idle the engine for 90 seconds, stop engine, remove dip stick, clean it, start counting 90 seconds. after that, insert dipstick fully, remove it and check mark. Page 120 of owners manual.

Back