Pig9r

Living Legend
While at my dealer last weekend, there were two Harley's that were traded in for Rockets. I talked to one of the guys and he said he saw a Rocket in the parking lot at a Harley dealer and had to have one. The other guy apparently had a Harley, bought an Bonneville America when he discovered Triumphs again. After a year he wanted to update to a Rocket III so he kept the America and traded the HD. I love a happy ending.

Hopefully this trend will continue. I would bet that for every one Rocket Triumph has on the road two get sold because someone sees that one. I try to spread the word at every stop light.:D

BTW the dealer is featured in the latest issue of Torque which I just got in the mail today.

Odd. i maybe trading a rocket for a Night-Train this weekend. guess it works all which ways

If you do that... it will be like you are stuck in one of those bad dreams where you can't move your feet..

**** tater, is that Rocket just too fast for you? I'm just curious, everybody should ride what they like.

I go to a bike dealership these days and look at all the different bikes and can't wait to get out the door and back on my R3!

HD Trade-Ins

If so many HD owners did not have exhorbitant claims about the trade-in value of their obsolete, often over-ornamented doodad's, my dealer's Rocket III business would increase 10-fold:cool:

Or should I have said doodah? That came naturally to me but I might have thought that doodad was past tense for doodah. Or, maybe, I just made that up. A doodah, from my mid-70's days in California, was any little object (or person) with a bit of ridicule and/or arrogance attached to it (which would jive with HD bikes but which I can't quite reconcile with your ref. to HD babes). Please do bring me up to speed with modern 'merican, Wilbur. Buckets of thanks:cool:

Jamie
Triumph Rocket III

Last edited:
Well Jamie, I was just improvising. Attach the term Doodad to any piece of a Harley Babe that interests you and go with it. I think the problem some people have with American English is that it is always evolving, kind of like a mutating virus! No real hope of keeping up to speed on it, just try not to get infected or you won't be able to post using your Proper English anymore!

wilbur-t said:
or you won't be able to post using your Proper English anymore!

Yessir. Nossir. The closest english english equivalent to that was (is?) "thingummy", meaning (or demeaning?) any little, non-descript but human-made thing. But I gather it is falling into in disuse, even the UK .

Think of me (?) Jamie

Triumph Rocket III

Last edited:
Not to get on a Harley bashing mode, but I think the days of high trade in and resale are over. The only thing I base this on is the fact out local Harley dealers are advertising like crazy (Noteably Gail's HD) about overstocked 2006's, left over 2005's, and all of the trade ins they need to move. One ad said they had something like 250 NEW HD's in stock, will accept anything at all on trade (as long as it doesn't call you Daddy), low interest rates, poor credit and bad credit OK and so on... Wheelin' and Dealin' like crazy. If they are cutting their own gross to move bikes you aren't going to get a great trade in allowance. And last time I looked at the KC Star want ads there were literally hundreds of used Harleys in there. Me thinks the HD market is over saturated.

It might be a good time to get a Night Train... if thats what ya want..

Back