My wife.....

Don't worry... there are so many Harleys out there that you will always be able to find someone (at least in my lifetime :eek:).

No reason for it. ive just never owned a Harely so i thought id try one.. you can never sample enough bikes :D

According to Triumph, they sold a record 1070 units in the US during the month of March. A 58% sales increase. I don't think that is going to be enough to put a dent in anyone else's numbers yet.

....with Daytona 675 and Scrambler 900 leading the way.

The article goes on to say bikes sales were up in all Triumphs lines and that they recaptured the position of #1 European motorcycle imported to the USA. Boy, Triumph must be pumped over that. Here's Triumphs quote:
“We’re thrilled with the way the public has reacted to the new Daytona 675 and Scrambler models” said Todd Andersen, Marketing Vice President, Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd. “but we’re even more pleased with the performance of the rest of the line as sales grew for every one of our continuing models last month. This growth put Triumph back in it’s proper place as the largest European retailer of road bikes in the U.S.”

Booby Prize in Modern ' Merican?

wilbur-t said:
I think the problem some people have with American English is that it is always evolving, kind of like a mutating virus!

Am not the only one. See the May issue of Car & Driver and its center page (82) insert explaining the origins of "bling" or "blingbling" as in : "Wow! these chromed wheels have got bling". "Phat", "jiggy" and "breakbeat" thrown in without explanations, to keep us mystified, I suppose .

All Grecian :D to me, as President Bush once said .

Sellin' Lotsa Triumphs

I took a bunch of business cards from my Triumph dealer and wrote on the back, "Tell 'em Mike V sent you!" Every time I go to the Rice Rocket or Harley dealers or motorcycle runs, I stick a bunch of them up between my seat and my pillion so onlookers can take one. My dealer now gives me free stuff whenever someone buys something. I'm waiting for a free Scrambler next! I can't help it if my red Rocket 3 looks so hot and oh so fast... :D

I do the same, Mikev, at times, maybe in a less compulsive or lucrative manner;)

What will never cease to amaze me or to distress me, though, is Triumph's lack of brand, let alone Rocket III, recognition amongst certainly wealthy and supposedly knowledgeable and experienced bikers. I had a business lunch today @ a local, private bank. Reliable Pension business partners of mine for almost a decade.

We had NEVER known that 3 out 4 meeting participants were motorcyclists, truly yours included, until I casually opened my agenda and the bank executive sitting next to me noticed the pic of my green RIII.

He (chief bank strategist) has a V-Rod!. His colleague (head of institutional accounts) has a Fat Boy! :cool: .

Wow! We decided to have an "out of the closet" wine-in-lieu of-coffee- break (the fourth guy suddenly having urgent phone calls to make...). But these two 11th hour fellow biking friends of mine had no clue whatsoever that Triumph is in business and that there is such a thing on the market as the RIII.

Anyone in Hinckley paying attention:confused:

Jamie

Last edited:
Overstocked Advertisement

I wouldn't pay much attention to those ads. They sound a whole lot like all the other businesses meant to move merchandise, cars, furniture, etc. You wouldn't beleive how many people that druel all over our Rockets and tell us they are looking for a bike to purchase. Then go and get a blasted HD because of name.... But like said earlier if everyone bought Rockets then we wouldn't have anyone to embarrase or show off to. :D

And one out of every 5 or 6 people looking at my bike tells me they didn't know Triumph still made bikes.....duh!

Back