Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Bob (Baggage1) and I went on a little trip today to help me get closer to my 500 mile service. It was a beautiful day as we went across middle Escambia County on the back way (Quintette Rd.) and into Santa Rosa County where we gassed up and ate lunch at Taco Bell in Milton. From there we went east on Hwy 90 till we got to 87 south and took that into Navarre, hit SR 399 to 98 and back into Pensacola across the 3 mile bridge, we then went back north on I-110 to I-10 to Hwy 29 and parted company at Nine Mile Rd.
Thanks Bob...sorry I let that one Harley pass us on 87, the troopers are sometimes pretty busy on that road and I was trying to keep my rpm's at 3,000 or below till my 500 miles is up. After I get this 500 mile thing done, he won't be so lucky.
Here's a picture at my house where we started off on the trip (actually we started at D&D Cycles, but went to my house first).
Dennis
09 dtg!

Sounds pretty good. I think a Florida Panhandle Rocket Riders Club is just around the corner.
A couple of beautiful bikes in front of that stunning floral display. Same bricks as my brother's house in Jax's. I traced out your route on my map. I also keep a score card at Baseball games.....;)

It looks nice there. We have no greenery yet, just mud. Nice bikes. Couple of gnarly look'in characters too.

I had to work today. Saw a couple of bikes out in the fog and mist. Hardy souls. The one thing that makes me nervous about early season riding around here is that cagers forget about bikes all winter and when they first come out, for some reason they don't see them. I had a good friend get broadsided last year in April by a cager who never saw him. Stopped at the stopsign, looked both ways and hit my buddy who had the right of way but still lost. He's alive and doing fine but wants nothing to do with bikes anymore and I don't blame him.

It's a very good thing you brought that hardly rider up cause if you hadn't I was going surfing in Afghanistan.:D Scared the bejesus out of me when he passed.Anyone but you Dennis and I'd have had to rectify his impression of Rockets.We had a nice ride indeed in absolutely perfect weather.I think it was the 1st warm ride I had where I wasn't wearing bugs. I made the suggestion to change the leather jacket for a mesh which worked out better.Hondax sure glad you know where we went cause I haven't the fogiest,it was all new to me.I was sure to watch his shock action and it worked great from what I could see.I guess if I put on 20lbs.I wouldn't need the Progressives.They are starting to rust so I will send them back soon.:(

I was kind of slow on purpose

Since I hadn't ridden for awhile...any great distance, especially on the Rocket, I kind of took it easy. It was suggested by somebody...I forget who at the moment, that I should try and keep the rpm's up to 3,000 but no further till I got the first service (it might have been the owners manual...I'd check but I'd have to tackle that seat again).
But anyway, I have ridden around the panhandle in general and know roughly where most of the "speed traps" are...at least last time I did a lot of riding. Just the other day there were five highway patrols cars pulling people over right and left on I-110 north before getting to I-10. So in addition to taking it easy on the rpm's I was trying to get the lay of the land again.
Next trip we'll either go to Atmore or up to Century, turn right and go thru Jay, FL and follow SR 4 for a ways maybe to Crestview or Marianna, FL and back to Pensacola.
Anyway, once the break in period is over and (more than likely) I am finished with Afghanistan in May...look out, I will be cruising on the Rocket and the Gold Wing and putting some miles on.
Dennis

Seat is a pain

Sent you a PM on my seat mount/unmount technique.

A great pair of rides. I'm glad you two are enjoying the Spring, and those Azaleas are quite full. Have you noticed a significant decrease in honey bees.

Buzzzzzzz

I haven't noticed any honey bees, only bumble bees. Have now been home for a week, have gotten a lot done, this next week is going to be real busy, hopefully I'll get some riding in...265 miles so far on the Rocket.
Dennis
8 dtg!

Back