AJS2300

.040 Over
I'm on a roll here guys.
I wanted some opinions on the Garmin Zumo 660 and the
Tom Tom Urban Rider Europe, Pros & Cons please.
Also is there a plug connector up front under the tank on the Touring 'cause I think I saw a post in which a R3R had one there.
Anyway as usual I would appreciate a shove in the right direction :D
:bch:

Use the search feature first!

With all due respect, and not to cause grief: You've gotta use the search feature! :confused:

We've discussed all sorts of issues on this site--and we do enjoy discussing these Rocket-related matters. I've learned an awful lot from these forums. But asking where the power port goes, or our opinion of a Zumo 660, when those topics have been covered quite thoroughly, shows that you're not searching prior posts.

I reiterate: We are definitely here to help you and fellow R3 riders. We just want you to do a little legwork first, then you'll see the research already done by your fellow riders. This site is a goldmine.

I hope I didn't come off as a pr!ck for stating this....:D

A fellow R3 rider,

Dan

I'm on a roll here guys.
I wanted some opinions on the Garmin Zumo 660 and the
Tom Tom Urban Rider Europe, Pros & Cons please.
Also is there a plug connector up front under the tank on the Touring 'cause I think I saw a post in which a R3R had one there.
Anyway as usual I would appreciate a shove in the right direction :D

No Dan you haven't come over as a prick.
I have to admit I was being a tad lazy :eek:
And I see what you mean about the GPS, found without much bother :D
By the way Dan where you a teacher cos it looks like I have just been told off LOL :rolleyes:

Jim

You might check on a lot of the GPS the cigarette lighter plug in is the antenna for local updates and if you put the connection under the tank it will constantly tell you to check your connection have already run into that problem, I ended up putting a cigarette lighter plug in on risers to handle bars so that it could get signal plus it gives me a place to charge my cell phone hope this helps :rolleyes:

Not at all.

I have the Zumo 660 and researched the heck out of it before I ended up buying it.

I was likewise chastised on another site for being lazy, and was just spreading the love!;)

Let us know what you end up doing.

No Dan you haven't come over as a prick.
I have to admit I was being a tad lazy :eek:
And I see what you mean about the GPS, found without much bother :D
By the way Dan where you a teacher cos it looks like I have just been told off LOL :rolleyes:

Jim

There is a connector under the tank on the Touring but it does not connect to a GPS. Triumph sells a matching connector with 2 unterminated wires coming out so you can connect your GPS power cord.

For ideas on mounts/power points check out the Techmount web site.

Thanks for the help guys. We are going to the Carole Nash bike show in the NEC Birmingham in November and hope to get a good deal on a GPS while we are there, so we have a bit of time.
We got a great deal on our lids with blue tooth coms there last year :D

Jim

I ran a cable into the head lamp and took the driving light. So it will be powered only when I turn the key.
Because I am sort of forgetful it was the best solution. Otherwise I think it will suck my batterie to dead.

I came from the TomTom Rider II and own a Garmin Zumo 660 now. Great GPS with lots of features and very exact on guiding. Its slim and wide and looks much better on the bike.

I would recommend you get a 'ram mount' if you have a gps enabled cell phone and just use the google maps app. It's always up to date and works just as well as any gps on the market.

Not to mention if you already have the slick phone, the mount will cost you about $30, vs a few hundred for a new garmin ;)

Jim, I have a tom tom euro rider 2 mounted on a ram mount on the bars, I ran the cable under the tank and found the plug for fitting fog lamps. I tapped the two wires in just before the plug. It was a very easy install. Here is a pic of the bike with the tom tom on .

I am going to make a mount that will have a ball attached to the centre screw on the screen so the sat nav will be in the centre and look a bit better.

I have not used any other sat nav so can't comment on them. I do like the tom tom but at first it was to tricky to plan routes and I found it a bit difficult to use. All these problems were solved when I found this program/website. Tyre I have never looked back with the TYRE program and can plan in multiple routes and select them on the move. My point is that the tom tom is great when used with tyre. Hope this helps.

Back