Government to consider banning hands-free for drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCN

Living Legend
hands-free.jpg
Drivers in England and Wales could be banned from using hands-free devices after research showed that it is no safer than using a hand-held phone. The Commons Select Committee has said that the...

Continue reading...

Hmm, what about rider to passenger? To me it is the same as the phone. My phone rings and I can to choose to answer it voice activated or single button press on the helmet. When talking it is the same as the intercom.

100% agree, talking on a phone has no place when you are driving or riding a bike

Iv seen dudes on a bike, texting while rolling!:eek: On the bicycle, all the time. Look mom, no hands no eyes, if I fall Ill sue the neighborhood. This texting addiction is baaaad. What can be so important that you will make the choice to risk your and someone else's life to look at it.

Id like the intercom for safety use not for chit-chat. I have four brain cells left and I need all of them to balance the Rocket.

My inter rider intercom when on group rides has saved our bacon quite a few times especially with animals, loose gravel, oil and idiot drivers in cars on the road. Agree that phone's might cause a distraction but there are other things to consider here.

Posts in the News Feed section all require approval. I'm going to close this one since comments can sit for quite some time before appearing. If you guys want to discuss the issue please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back