Got my Zumo XT mounted

I'm thinking you just cut the powered wires coming out, and put them into the Posi-Taps. I'm also thinking I can run a Y off of those, and maintain the power port in the dash. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.
I changed it up since that picture seeing I never use that plug. I wound up going directly to the switched power leads.

I changed it up since that picture seeing I never use that plug. I wound up going directly to the switched power leads.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes in another thread, posting pictures of the install, step by step.

The RAM mount I ordered from you for my Rocket arrived today.

Nice work! Quick shipping too.

Me to. Other position of the XT

Attachments

• 20210206_135832.jpg
    20210206_135832.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 70
Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes in another thread, posting pictures of the install, step by step.
In a few weeks time, I'll be wiring in my Garmin 595LM to the same power source. I'd be interested to see how it works for you.
I think that tapping into the DIN? power supply in the dashboard should be ok as the Sat Nav takes very little power, so shouldn't overload that circuit even using a heated jacket at the same time out of the DIN outlet.

If you could give me a nod when you do your step by step install I'd appreciate it.

In a few weeks time, I'll be wiring in my Garmin 595LM to the same power source. I'd be interested to see how it works for you.
I think that tapping into the DIN? power supply in the dashboard should be ok as the Sat Nav takes very little power, so shouldn't overload that circuit even using a heated jacket at the same time out of the DIN outlet.

If you could give me a nod when you do your step by step install I'd appreciate it.
Will do Reggie! Should be soon.

Will do Reggie! Should be soon.
Ok, I've wired my sat nav in to the DIN connector in the front cowl.

See the picture below to understand the following.

The Sat nav wires start at the bottom left of the picture and are red and red / black in colour. I disconnected the power plug from the Triumph from the DIN connector. Using 2 x 6.3mm female connectors, I crimped these onto the Garmin leads and added a tail wire from each connector. On the end of the tail wires I fitted male connectors with heat shrink over the exposed crimped areas, and looped these wires around to the Triumph power plug which has the black and pink wires going into the plastic black plug with a loose covering on the wires for protection.

Job done, and if ever I remove the Garmin, all I have to do is remove my additional wiring and put the Triumph plug back into the DIN connector and all will be as before, without any cut wires etc etc.

My advice is to take pictures of all of the wiring under the cover before starting to move it for access because replacing all of the wiring which I disturbed and getting the cover back on, took me as long as doing the new wiring.

Attachments

• R3 Wiring.jpg
    R3 Wiring.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 69
Easy install. Lamonster mount, positap connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpeg
    IMG_3278.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3276.jpeg
    IMG_3276.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 64
  • 67752892957__835F70DF-F80F-4C41-9D28-2CB35DBBD628.jpeg
    67752892957__835F70DF-F80F-4C41-9D28-2CB35DBBD628.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 60
Hi...I like what you've done there. Can you tell me how you did this?

Cheers
Sure, I simply used small (red) positap connectors. That's the name brand, so search for that. You can find them on Amazon, to tap a positive and negative connection off of the DIN port on the bike to the supplied Garmin wiring within the Garmin Zumo kit. You simply have to take apart the front wind deflector housing to gain access to those two wires. It wasn't really complicated, spending more time actually positing the Zumo where I wanted it than actually wiring it up. I have a larger windscreen (not shown) attached to the bike and it extends up, and over the handlebars a bit. let me know if you have further questions.

Back