Good news and bad news....

Buzzo

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Roadster
The good.... I fixed the bad higher speed vibration in the front end by replacing the disks and pads.

The bad.... I hit a bloody roo one hour into our 2000km camping trip. Dead square in the middle. Bent the right hand engine guard, front fender, pushed both headlights back and down but only breaking one lens, snapped both indicators and bent the chrome panel around ignition switch. It clipped the missus on the left side for good measure.

It was a good hit and the old girl got a shake up for a second then all good and pulled up. At the next town I taped and zip tied both indicators to the forks and was mobile again. Very very lucky.

Anyone in Brisbane that can recommend a good place to get it repaired would be appreciated.

Cheers

The good.... I fixed the bad higher speed vibration in the front end by replacing the disks and pads.

The bad.... I hit a bloody roo one hour into our 2000km camping trip. Dead square in the middle. Bent the right hand engine guard, front fender, pushed both headlights back and down but only breaking one lens, snapped both indicators and bent the chrome panel around ignition switch. It clipped the missus on the left side for good measure.

It was a good hit and the old girl got a shake up for a second then all good and pulled up. At the next town I taped and zip tied both indicators to the forks and was mobile again. Very very lucky.

Anyone in Brisbane that can recommend a good place to get it repaired would be appreciated.

Cheers

Congratulations on such great luck, staying upright is some feat with a roo strike.
Your local Rag and Bone man @Mittzy in Brissie would be my first port of call.

Cheers
As @Ishrub said I will most likely have most parts you are looking for

@Buzzo Thank goodness you and the missus faired well on this chance encounter. My luck was not so good on a fawn I met in a corner in 2011 on an FZ-1 here in Virginia. Totaled the Yamaha and fractured my sternum down the center.
When on tour in WA during a Navy Port call in 2000, our off-road bus came upon a biker down from hitting a roo just before we left the pavement. The med crew was right behind us but I did get to exercise a little med training for a minute or so before the ambulance arrived. Bloke was talking and laugh/crying. Laughing at the idea he had taken out one of those bastards and crying because his Kawasaki was a mess. Never mind his broken arm and leg...

Congrats on being OK, M8!
Best fortune on repairs.
Are roos smaller than our deer?

This one was way off being the biggest I’ve seen down the South West of Oz but at a guess I’d say would have stood 3- 3.5’ sitting normally. A good size for this area.

I have no idea if it lived or died. The road had steep verges down to natural scrub. By the time I stopped. Ummm re grouped. Lol. Walked back and poked around a bit down the bottom I couldn’t find it.

Back