Getting it ready for summer

chevmech1969

.040 Over
Ride
06 Triple K&N's, TORS 141/145 Rw ALL BEEF NO PORK
Well, The bike went over 20,000 Last summer. So it was time to check valve lash and look over everything. Got it checked out lash was in spec. .05 on all the intakes and .07-.08 on the exhaust side. Cleaned the K&n's, Fixed the low fuel light and gauge. While I was at it I Unistalled the heated grips and Installed the ISO grips and a Boss mc500 Stereo. I'm sure when its a little chilly I'll miss the heat, but the Iso's are so squishy. Next up finish mounting the stereo part, get the gel pad in the seat, and load up a new map and try it out.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're good to go!

I just went the longest without riding since I started again; four weeks. It wasn't weather related though; bad back has been a bit brutal lately.

Put on about 150 miles yesterday and today, and looking forward to doing a bit more tomorrow.

I took care of "getting it ready for summer" today by buying a lighter colored helmet to use in place of my black one.

I took care of "getting it ready for summer" today by buying a lighter colored helmet to use in place of my black one.

Well done that's a bit more black gone, keep chipping away at it
we will eventually live in a world of Colour :thumbsup:

Back