Front tire sorrows….

I just replaced my front with a Metzler ME880, after 14,500 miles I was impressed. I am now on my third rear, 1st stock metz 3600 miles. 2nd Goodyear eagle F1, 21,000 miles. 3rd Toyo Proxes still like new. just the second front and bike has 28,000 miles. It is now a myth that a darkside rear decreases the life of the front shin.
PS: the Toyo Proxes has none of the ill handling effects that were/are inheirant in the Goodyear. This is a very well behaved darkside. :)

just replaced my Front tire (metzler) with a new one... One month ago I replaced my rear Metzler. Both got 13K on them. No bald spots, the rear was in better shape than the front. The front was starting to "bulge" out a tiny bit in the center. But, both tires still had tread and no bald spots.

Amazing how one grows slowly used to ever worsing performance.... Then with a new set of rubber, it's like a new bike. Kinda like that frog in the slowly boiling water....

I'm going to start changing mine out each season, regardless of mileage after this.

cheers
geo

I will have about 15,000 on my Avon Cobras after my trip to Hot Springs, AR next week. The front tire is almost down to the wear bars, and the rear tire has squared off in the center, but not nearly as pronounced as the Metzelers do! I can still roll it into sweepers with no problems..
OK! I'm convinced...now where is the best source?

OK need links to darkside tires... I have Flat 3 in . flat spot on rear tire after 4,ooo miles. and yes I do pull a camper >>>>.

Back