Forty Thousand Dollar Bike and No Warrenty

Preacher,
Had a "few" hardleys over the years.
New, used, self built, the gambit.
No comparison to either of my rockets PERIOD.
Sure mine sat in the shop for 6 weeks of fine riding weather,
but I got a NEW rearend out of it at NO cost to me.
Never seen harley or anybody else step up like that.
So thats why I bought another.
Could have bought another harley,
but like I told a couple of young harley riders the day I bought my first one.
They were on their harleys and at a friend of mines place when I stopped in to show her off to my buddy.
They looked her over and said " I don't like it".
I said, "I like yours, just not enough to buy another one".
"It's got 15 miles on it, you want to put your title where your mouth is, I will."
"Line that POS up".
They left.;)

I, like most of us here am into power, torque and performance. Those words are not generaly mentioned when talking about a Harley. Most of the time, it's all about the look and sound and being in the "in crowd" when you own a Harley and most of us here have been there at one time in our lives. Thats not a bad thing either. Most of us here can appreciate a nice H/D and the way they sound and all that chrome and how much their owners spend to own one. Been there, done that.
I think if there where a Rocket on every corner the way there is a harley that I would probably be looking for something else to ride. To me thats part of owning a Triumph, you don't see one on every corner and when you do see one, there is usally some guys standing around it asking questions. And thats OK with me too.

Big T

Last edited:
HD events

When I attend the weekend party at the local HD dealers, I get much fiendish delight out of raising the front wheel a little when exiting the lot.....:p

During the same period, my previous bike to my Rocket (Sprint ST) has been back into one of the local Triumph dealers (who shall remain un-named at present) because they have seriously screwed up work on it on several occasions, including a massive oil leak that covered half of the width of my back tire and wheel with oil as well as my boot... NOT a good experience....

So, there are good and bad with all - be glad you have a good Triumph dealer! :rolleyes:

That's why I go down to Tucson, Performance Cycle. They have been great and work with me on appointments, since I'm driving down from Gilbert.

Back