RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I had a nightmare on my old Classic, trying lots of different types of screens to replace the original flyscreen. Turbulence was terrible, giving me double vision at 70+, so I eventually gave up and went naked ;) preferring the constant, steady stream of air rushing at my visor & helmet.
Now that I have a newish GT I am interested to hear what you guys prefer - do you like the standard flyscreen or do you prefer a particular aftermarket choice?
Please let me know as I don't want to make the same mistakes I made on my old bike.

Last edited:
The OEM flyscreen looks the business and goes well with the GT and R although after 45-50 mph it becomes worthless in my opinion. In fact, at higher speeds it's better without it to me anyway. I have a mid size Powerbronze and it's fine until they make something better. It's small (ish) and clear so you don't really notice it to much. It keeps the wind off my chest but nowhere as good as a full windshield. In my opinion a bigger windshield would look out of sorts with the newer gen Rockets. I guess it all depends on function or looks. I try to have a little of both. To each his own. Use the search button and type in 'Windshields' and read other members opinions. Cheers:thumbsup:

I had a nightmare on my old Classic, trying lots of different types of screens to replace the original flyscreen. Turbulence was terrible, giving me double vision at 70+, so I eventually gave up and went naked ;) preferring the constant, steady stream of air rushing at my visor & helmet.
Now that I have a newish GT I am interested to hear what you guys prefer - do you like the standard flyscreen or do you prefer a particular aftermarket choice?
Please let me know as I don't want to make the same mistakes I made on my old bike.
Yes, the Puig fly screen is nice (I have one). It's a different shape, but about the same size as the OEM GT screen - a little wider, but no taller. And yes, it doesn't provide much wind protection, if any. I've grown to really like my PowerBronze PowerBlade screen system, which provides good wind protection, but is a much larger screen. If you're looking for more of an OEM GT look then either the OEM screen or the Puig screen might be more to your liking.

Back