First Sunday Ride...Wollongong to Picton.

FunkSoulBro

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Classic
@MickyB and I (as proud new R3 owners) met up at The George IV pub at Picton NSW on Sunday to bring our machines together. It was quite romantic actually. We spotted a roadster donning an Aussie Flag that also pulled into the pub. Not sure if this was another reader so shout out if so. Anyway the 2 bikes together looked great and they attracted some nosy parkers. Nice to have other bikers checking out your ride rather than your Mrs. We met a mate who rides a Triumph Sprint and we headed off after a beer and a meal up to the Burragorang Valley. Bikes went well (as expected) and the day was an awesome experience. Can't wait to do it again in fact. Ive read a bit on this site about wind buffeting and although I love the bike with the screen off this ride was worthy of leaving the OEM screen in place. BUT oh my Jesus did I get knocked around above 90kph. After I got home the head was still thumping and it actually made me feel quite ill. I'm not looking for resolutions here as I know Ill have to experiment with the screen and maybe add lowers to resolve the issue if I choose to keep it on. If I cant reduce the buffeting Ill just piss it off all together and ride it a la naturale which I will do regardless in the warmer months. Actually I love the look of the bike without the screen from behind the bars. Worst case I might throw a dart screen on and enjoy the cool breeze and wind off the chest. Apart from this I absolutely love this bike. Glad I didnt buy a Tbird. Noone looked at the 2 birds at the pub yesterday. 20150705_114036.jpg

A set of lowers will stop the buffeting ,unless you like the wind sock impersonation at Freeway speeds on long runs ,I regularly ride to visit my Relatives in Qld 1000K days, at or(just) over the speed limits no worries 1170ks in one day last October returning from RDU Melbourne a piece of cake! for the big Touring!

A set of lowers will stop the buffeting ,unless you like the wind sock impersonation at Freeway speeds on long runs ,I regularly ride to visit my Relatives in Qld 1000K days, at or(just) over the speed limits no worries 1170ks in one day last October returning from RDU Melbourne a piece of cake! for the big Touring!
Any idea on cost?

Hey FSB, had a great day. Enjoyed getting the big unit stretched out a bit. Let's get down the coast or up to Robbo soon for another one.

Back