Final Drive drain plug snapped...

Look here, they have a lot of Triumph OEM parts in stock and they ship very quickly and will overnight parts if needed...

S/F

B
Buck Mossie, the link for "OEM Parts" took me to a trailer hitch site. Do you have the actual URL you can post here?

cr0ft, They had the main drain plug listed but not the final drive. I sent an email asking them if they had one for the final drive. I will let you know what I find out.
Cr0ft, The guys at drainplumagnets never replied to my email. I don't think they have the plug. However, after doing a little groundwork I got a lead to a dealer in Kingsport, TN (Kingsport Cycles, 423-247-3847). They had the part in stock. Since I needed the part for a ride this weekend (July 5th) I had them over-night it to me. I now how a very expensive final drive drain plug... LOL But, it's in the bike and I will be able to ride! So if anyone needs parts that most dealers may not carry you may have some luck with Kingsport Cycles. They were very accommodating and got the part right to me as I requested.

Glad to hear you got her back on the road before the deadline! I guess that bolt is pretty obscure compared to the bolts in your average car so I suppose I'm not shocked the magnet people didn't know what it was.

I broke mine one time and used a standard metric socket head cap screw(Allen screw) with an O-ring under the head until my dealer got one in. No problem at all.

You remember the dimensions of that bolt by any chance?

You remember the dimensions of that bolt by any chance?
I did not measure it before I put it back in the bike, but I intend to make a test ride this afternoon and pull the plug again to see if any of the remnants of the original plug are still in the drive. I'll try to remember to measure it and update this thread.

I did not measure it before I put it back in the bike, but I intend to make a test ride this afternoon and pull the plug again to see if any of the remnants of the original plug are still in the drive. I'll try to remember to measure it and update this thread.

Would be nice to get the dimensions, thinking about replacing it and the sump oil plugs with more magnetic bolts, but lacking dimensions for the final drive bolt. And clearly the existing one is fragile, to boot.

Back