Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

if you get the nozzle into that inner hole you should be fine....
Yeah tried both ways …. Just the flow is quicker on some of the bowsers here
Filling this tank got real old. REAL QUICK. I ordered a good quality fuel grade rubber syphon hose/ hand pump/ with hose clip included, from AMAZON. ( There many to chose from. Choose carefully. Most are cheap crap. I keep several filled five gallon fuel containers in my garage. I fuel my bike up at home by placing the fuel container above the level of the bike, running the hose from the container down around the mirror, and throttle grip, into the bike tank so it can’t slip out. Test that it’s secure before pumping the siphon ball. I put on surgical gloves to avoid hand contamination. And roll up the drained syphon, storing it in a large ZipLock bag. Do it correctly and you’ll never spill another drop. 🙂
Jesus Christ … sounds like a mission 😂😱

Filling this tank got real old. REAL QUICK. I ordered a good quality fuel grade rubber syphon hose/ hand pump/ with hose clip included, from AMAZON. ( There many to chose from. Choose carefully. Most are cheap crap. I keep several filled five gallon fuel containers in my garage. I fuel my bike up at home by placing the fuel container above the level of the bike, running the hose from the container down around the mirror, and throttle grip, into the bike tank so it can’t slip out. Test that it’s secure before pumping the siphon ball. I put on surgical gloves to avoid hand contamination. And roll up the drained syphon, storing it in a large ZipLock bag. Do it correctly and you’ll never spill another drop. 🙂
Dude, all I can say is holy....

Wouldn't just pulling in clutch while riding rule that out?
I think if you pull the clutch in while under power, it will only rule out drive train vibration....if that wheel does need balancing it may be all or part of this vibration problem...get it balanced and eliminate that. Ive watched guys balance rear wheels by sticking those lead patches on the rim and the wheel just dosnt revolve when he lets it go..so its not only the side to side balance its also the bounce you need to stop. If the vibration is still there after this, then you can go to the next idea putting the rear wheel out of your mind. Its a matter of eliminating every possibility.

I think if you pull the clutch in while under power, it will only rule out drive train vibration....if that wheel does need balancing it may be all or part of this vibration problem...get it balanced and eliminate that. Ive watched guys balance rear wheels by sticking those lead patches on the rim and the wheel just dosnt revolve when he lets it go..so its not only the side to side balance its also the bounce you need to stop. If the vibration is still there after this, then you can go to the next idea putting the rear wheel out of your mind. Its a matter of eliminating every possibility.
I was thinking such a quick check, so If clutch in and vibration gone, no need to balance. Not that if vibration still there it tells you much.

I was thinking such a quick check, so If clutch in and vibration gone, no need to balance. Not that if vibration still there it tells you much.
yep.....would save the expense and time of balancing for sure....i recently had a tire on my 4wd which had a lump building in the tread....i noticed a 'Thump...thump... thump' .as i was driving but couldnt see anything...as it developed more and more it became obvious to see...The tyre was buggered from the inside.

yep.....would save the expense and time of balancing for sure....i recently had a tire on my 4wd which had a lump building in the tread....i noticed a 'Thump...thump... thump' .as i was driving but couldnt see anything...as it developed more and more it became obvious to see...The tyre was buggered from the inside.
Yup.

Are the throttle bodies balanced? Vibration that bad reminds of the time a coil went on a 900 Thunderbird sport I had, but the dealer would have spotted that very fast, so maybe the throttle bodies are way out of balance?

Are the throttle bodies balanced? Vibration that bad reminds of the time a coil went on a 900 Thunderbird sport I had, but the dealer would have spotted that very fast, so maybe the throttle bodies are way out of balance?
Throttle bodies? No. Definitely not to this extent. Kinda would make life easier though if it was. Screws holding it all together would just unwind themselves do to this vibration. And parts would get sucked into the cylinder’s. Blow the engine up. And make this an open n shut warranty replacement claim. I have in fact made reference in an earlier post that I am halfway expecting parts to just start falling off this thing one day while traveling down the highway.

So, my front tire got replaced with a new one yesterday. The vibration stayed (80-100km/h). Do you guys think that it can be caused by the rear tire?
4 Torquex2: I have 4 weights on the left side of the back rim, nothing on the right side (dunno, but it seems suspicious to me :-D )

Back