Evaluation Of Aqua-aire Cushion

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by Hondax, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Hondax

HondaxModerator

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
    Note: This is a repost from another thread on this site.

Well I was able to log about 130miles on the aqua-aire cushion today. First off, in an earlier post in this thread I lied. The Aqua-aire is not 50.00 US. It's 39.90 plus shipping......sorry!:eek:

The cushion is black and disappears once you plant your arse on same. Normally I can go about 30 miles before the butt bones start hurting and about 50 miles before they go numb. I just don't have any padding back there guys!:) Anyway I didn't start feeling any discomfort until about 100 miles and it was minor. I need to play around with the air/water mix a little to maximize comfort. I felt i had too much air in same but will let some out for next outing.

Dollar for dollar I challenge anyone to come up with a seat, cushion, whatever that does what the aqua-aire did for 39.90 US. Here is their website: http://www.aqua-aire.com/

No I don't work for aqua-aire.:p At 39.90 US I doubt they can afford any kick backs to me;)

WARNING: Do not take pressure off of cushion while at speed. It will probably fly off. I plan on coming up with a way to fasten it under the seat. I think aqua-aire is missing a golden opportunity not customizing these cushions for different applications. They are one size fits all but fortunately they fit well on cruiser seats.

I plan on posting this at Rat and R3.com....fyi

2. sullyjones

sullyjones.060 Over

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Isnt it strange how everyone has a different opinion on seats , I have the triumph low rider seat and have no probs with the miles , tried the gel touring and suffered after 100 miles or so .

3. Hondax

HondaxModerator

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
    Yes......very strange....

I bought my Rocket used, and the previous owner went thru three seats ending with the low rider, which I left on. With my height I hardly need a low rider seat, so adding the Aqua-aire puts me about the same height as standard Triumph seat. I'm not sure what I'll end up with but for now I'm very happy to have some butt relief............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D

4. SteveRed

SteveRed.060 Over

Featured Threads:
    Considering that the Air Hawk is $250AUD over here... The Aqua Aire sounds like a bargain!!