Engine up date mods

I have a 2005 Rocket .This is a replacement for my first 2005 rockert that had 4months of ownership and about 3000 mile on it. . The original bike had a roaring sound when the clutch was engauged.Eventually triumph just gave me areplacement after my lawyer filled some papers in their direction. I thought or hoped at that time that at the dealer they mayed have did a few to many burnouts or wheelies with the first rocket. I suspecte this may hae happened because talk from a pevious sales personal. So much for backround imformation..
Current rocket has 15000 miles on it and has only one problem wit the fuel tank readings.Just got back from up state New Youk ride of 800 plus miles. The bike ran great! I did have to wait up for my brother in laws Harley to catch up at times.
With all I have seen posted what would be the cost of tearing into my R-3 and doing the Mods to make sure it remains mechanicly functional Parts? and labor?I have no room or place to do this at my home.Should I bail out on this bike and just bite the bullet for 2012 bike?

You could always contact Triumph and ask for a free kit.. tears and a distraught voice for the loss of your pride and joy as a loyal Triumph owner..A phone call away?

If your going to split it and dump a ton of cash at a dealer.. Send it to Carpenter and get it modded.......Ride the piss out of it and be happy! IMO if its only worth 5-7k. Rest assured.. You will most likley get the bottom dollar from the dealer. It aint worth crap..sooo...run her till she dies!

I wouldn't recommend doing a Carpenter kit without doing a transmission upgrade. The lower gears were re-engineered to make them more durable and engage better. The original tranny would be short lived without the upgraded gears. I am sure about the gears. I looked at them and compared the difference when mine was upgraded.

Just ride it.
If something big breaks, THEN sell it.
If your riding style were more agressive, perhaps things would have broken by now.
Sounds to me like you just want a new bike ;-)

The bike is 7 years old and always kept in the garage. I don"t beat the bike ,but I always push it hard . I invested about $21000 to have it optioned the way I wanted it. I was laid up medically for 4 + years and that kept the mileage down. This is as I stated my second rocket .The first one crapped out after 3 to 4 thousand miles. That did not build any confidence about the bikes longevity!!! Than I get on line and find every other rocket is succumbing to numerous major problems Before my investment turns to **** I was just trying to see what my options are!! Whether I put a lot of money in a mechanical update program or sell it off and start fresh I still plan on staying with a rocket .

The nature of a message board is that problems get posted;
as we all know, CNN does not report good news.

If you are going to mod it, do what others have said and hotrod it.
If you do hotrod it the "Upgrade' kit for the trans makes sense.

A headlight relay, ala Eastern Beaver, is worthwhile in any case.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Back