Engine stalls after fill-up

If you think a Triumph Rocket is hard to fill up you need to try an Aprillia Tuono makes the Triumph seem a dream. I never pull the trigger all the way in just slowly does it

Do some of you leave the pump in the tank while it is filling and let it turn off by its self???????????????????? I have been riding since 1976 and would never dream of doing that, pretty dangerous so it is.
I do let it turn itself off. I don't have it in a locked position so that if it doesn't stop I can quickly do it myself. The key is the nozzle is below the top of the tank by a few inches and the faster fuel is flowing in the better it works.

I have had bikes that if you try and flow the fuel fast it blows droplets back up and out on the tank so those I have to fill slow and they don't always auto shut off and I have to do it manually.

Do some of you leave the pump in the tank while it is filling and let it turn off by its self???????????????????? I have been riding since 1976 and would never dream of doing that, pretty dangerous so it is.
Definitely NOT! On the rare occasion I have found myself distracted to which some splashing occurred... tight low-cut leather does that... :sneaky: :whitstling:
-MIG

Using the California gas nozzles are a lesson in patience and stupidity. To fill up my Rocket I need to pull back the foreskin with my right hand phalanges while holding the pump in my left hand on the left side of the bike. I never let it seal as an overflow would be eminent. I slowly watch it fill until satisfied. I have never had a spill or problem although it takes twice as long with those stupid ass pumps.
Argh! I forgot about those foreskin nozzles... It's been a while since I've had to use one and it's a serious PITA for a bike.
-MIG

Argh! I forgot about those foreskin nozzles... It's been a while since I've had to use one and it's a serious PITA for a bike.
-MIG
It's California so nothing should surprise me but I have seen so many people dump gas on the ground and all over the sides of the car due to these POS pumps. It actually is counterproductive as so much gas goes into the environment in spills and vapors. Poorly thought out in my opinion.

Hello Guys,
it simple it is vapor lock.
With the tank full you have displaced any air space with fuel the fuel expands more hot....
it is vapor lock...
I stop below the filler plate. The last thing you want to do is open up the tank when the fuel is hot.
It will blow out.

Yes we understand it's a vapor lock but it'd poorly made at least the ones in California. If there is not enough pressure built up in the tank the lock will not release or release late and you get more spillage than a 13 year old Doc D up in his bedroom thumbing through a National Geographic magazine.

Yes we understand it's a vapor lock but it'd poorly made at least the ones in California. If there is not enough pressure built up in the tank the lock will not release or release late and you get more spillage than a 13 year old Doc D up in his bedroom thumbing through a National Geographic magazin
Yes we understand it's a vapor lock but it'd poorly made at least the ones in California. If there is not enough pressure built up in the tank the lock will not release or release late and you get more spillage than a 13 year old Doc D up in his bedroom thumbing through a National Geographic magazine.
Interesting reply...... I don’t like National Geographic magazine.

Can't imagine any spillage with that magazine.

Back