Electrical Question

grizzdan

.040 Over
Im finishing up installing my EB fusebox the last thing I need to do is hook the relay to a switched wire. The wire I want to use is a unused plug that can be seen in the manual under the three relays on page 18.26. It is switched power but I don't know what its for would this be a good place to tap into?

Im finishing up installing my EB fusebox the last thing I need to do is hook the relay to a switched wire. The wire I want to use is a unused plug that can be seen in the manual under the three relays on page 18.26. It is switched power but I don't know what its for would this be a good place to tap into?

the switch box you are installing is it the PC-8 ? I have not seen the plug you mention but I I connected the PC-8 directly to the battery and fused it for protection my opinion.

It is the PC8. I thought about hooking direct to the battery and decided to hook it up as designed with most of the fuses switched.

check the plug while ignition is on if you have power there use it to switch a 40 (or more) 4 pin amp relay so the actual power comes directly from Battery via heavy guage wire and you wont overload the "unused plug's" wiring in the bike, the relay will only draw a very small current while being able to supply a decent current to PC8 which will be controled by the ignition switch, oh and fuse power supply to relay

Last edited:
Yep Ive already got the wiring with the relay. The hot wire on that plug is switched. I guess I was just wondering what it was for and if there was any reason not to use it.

Yep Ive already got the wiring with the relay. The hot wire on that plug is switched. I guess I was just wondering what it was for and if there was any reason not to use it.
if you have no plans to use a genuine accessory that may :confused: need that plug then I can't see why not use it

Back