ECM and stuff (sorta) explained.....

power core tells you the control center is running and will shut it down for you so it can connect to the pcv. running control center after that doesn't mess up PowerCore that i can see, but control center can't see the pcv until PowerCore is shut down.

I am relatively new to powercore and often wish to have PC software open at the same time. Also don't use tuning link, so run pcv in a laptop. Also means I don't have to mess about opening and shutting software, I may press wrong button, also saves time to spend on L tables or something else.Sometimes I have all three screens going. Two on desktop and one on laptop. The DJ tech guy out here told me if I have Can cable and USB running on pcv the pcv will blow up inside, I have not bothered to try it to see if he is correct. 🙂

I am relatively new to powercore and often wish to have PC software open at the same time. Also don't use tuning link, so run pcv in a laptop. Also means I don't have to mess about opening and shutting software, I may press wrong button, also saves time to spend on L tables or something else.Sometimes I have all three screens going. Two on desktop and one on laptop. The DJ tech guy out here told me if I have Can cable and USB running on pcv the pcv will blow up inside, I have not bothered to try it to see if he is correct. 🙂

i'm going to try the CAN when i get home. when i use PV on the dyno, i have it plugged in to the bike, and to the computer, but i use the dyno to collect the data so i can have it all synced to the torque data. i massage the output with some scripts i wrote so other tools can read it.
i'm trying to come up with a good way to collect data with a WEGO and import it into tuneecu rather than doing it manually.

been busy, haven't forgotten about this. still wondering if anyone really knows how the power commander is able to advance timing without having prior knowledge of the stock (or actually, the flash-resident spark table)? i suppose that since its model-specific they could have it pre-programmed, but they also cover multiple model years.... i expect that the factory changes the spark tables when different cams or exhaust is introduced over the course of the model years.....

Back