Ducati Streetfighter V4 teaser released

No not 50 from the change.

The V4 goes up to 220 with the exhaust. My SD R is at 170 right now. Trading Tq for HP in the switch from SD R to V4 S

Or you could go with the top spec Panigale, 240 HP with the optional exhaust. My Rocket is 240, but 870 lbs, the claimed dry weight is 379 on the Panigale, unimaginable.

Or you could go with the top spec Panigale, 240 HP with the optional exhaust. My Rocket is 240, but 870 lbs, the claimed dry weight is 379 on the Panigale, unimaginable.

I was sitting on this one just a couple days ago while out shopping adv bikes for the wife...

2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S CARBON | V1 Moto

The streetfighter has a more relaxed rider triangle. Important for those of us 6'5"

I can't imagine how you could use that much power, a Rocket will wheelie with that much power.

The magic of modern electronics is how.

Also, don't believe the Ducati numbers, the last Pannigale V4 R with Termignoni exhaust I saw on Nels Dyno made 199.5whp.

FB_IMG_1571972558284.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-194551_Firefox.jpg

It is enough to give any piped and tuned rocket an ass whooping, and the built bikes a very serious race that most will lose.

The V4 gear ratios are perfect for 60mph and up acceleration at stupid speeds.

It is a well engineered bike, let down a bit by QC.

Last edited:
Yeah, but launch control/traction control means you aren't really using it all, if you know what I mean. And claimed figures are always crank, not wheel numbers. Plus it probably wasn't a 2020, and the exhaust on the 2020 is Akropovich, but I know what you mean, I never trust manufacturer's claims for any product.

Yeah it is a bit of oddity. I think the R remained the same 2020 vs 2019, an amazing bit of kit tbh. As you mention, the rider aids dial it back when needed, seemlessly when working right. That's what I find amazing about the rocket, I can actually use all of its power without aids, even in 2nd gear, something none of the new high power bikes can claim, so who wins in a race?

I suspect the answer is always "that depends" these days lol.

The new Superduke will be displayed in about two weeks. Hopefully an improved version. Otherwise the Streetfighter is going to have it their own way.

Unfortunately with Stefan Pierer deciding KTM is not putting race bikes on the street, I have no faith in the SD R competing at the V4 S level. Especially since there is no longer 2 wheelers going up the mountain. Nothing to race for.
Early teasers do show it has winglets though, guess they are actually trying to keep the front wheel down at 120mph.

*Edit* I should also note... I cannot use the full power of the SD R as I have it built. It's just too d@mn brutal. I also admitted to @barbagris a month or so ago I would have bought the 790 instead of the SD R if it was announced when I bought. So do I need the more power, not really, but I have been thinking of building a track bike for a year or so and talks with @Claviger in Leakey fanned that fire. Hopefully the Streetfighter is a bit more civilized with its power delivery.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a bit of oddity. I think the R remained the same 2020 vs 2019, an amazing bit of kit tbh. As you mention, the rider aids dial it back when needed, seemlessly when working right. That's what I find amazing about the rocket, I can actually use all of its power without aids, even in 2nd gear, something none of the new high power bikes can claim, so who wins in a race?

I suspect the answer is always "that depends" these days lol.
In my experience on a straight road rolling on at 55 mph, it may have had better power to weight, but couldn't seem to keep the front end down. At least that's what it looked like in my rearview mirrors.

Back