Ducati Streetfighter V4 teaser released

Yeah, but launch control/traction control means you aren't really using it all, if you know what I mean. And claimed figures are always crank, not wheel numbers. Plus it probably wasn't a 2020, and the exhaust on the 2020 is Akropovich, but I know what you mean, I never trust manufacturer's claims for any product.

I still cannot make the launch control on my SD R work... I think my brain is subconsciously screwing it up on purpose

1. Pull in clutch
2. Put bike in race mode
3. Turn on launch control
4. Shift to 1st
5. Wide f'n open throttle
6. release clutch

I know it will loop under normal circumstances, even with wheelie control on. And I know LC stops that even more. But my brain says "No F'n way!"

When my nephew got his BMW SS1000RR and was trying to figure out the launch control, his front end was bouncing like a pogo stick.

Another upside to the Streetfighter S is the upgrade in suspension. The standard Streetfighter has Showa adjustables, the S model jumps to Active Ohlins front and rear as well as an active Ohlins steering damper
And Marchesini forged wheels for a weight decrease

Do keep in mind newer electronics....

A bunch of egocentric riders will go straight to track mode with all rider aids off and "handle the bike", those are usually the ones who can't control the wheelies in 2nd and 3rd.

Get someone smart on a S1000RR or PV4 that leaves wheelie control on the 2nd notch down from max control, and at bikes gonna ****ing roll on a 60mph hit.

While Steel and I will still fight them off, it's not a leave for dead scenario automatically.

I ran a new CBR1000RR, the up-rated one, and while I did spank it, it was maybe 5 lengths back by 170 (and falling further back).

Did run down a brand new ZX-10R pretty bad though from like an 8 bike length defecit, waved as I passed at 160 and let off. ZX-10s are trash until tuned imo.

Most guys won't or can't put down all the power modern liter bikes make, and that's the **** truth. That's somewhere the built Rockets win, the feeling of control at Max power is better on the built rocket than the new fangled plastic bikes (I still love them though).

Have you raced a H2? Not talking the cheap one. But with the money you have invested in your your Rocket the price is some what the same but not the results. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

That's a 6 year old video. The bike in that vid has been outclassed by the current version of the SD R ( which I own). The Ducati has more power, better suspension and electronics...

That's a 6 year old video. The bike in that vid has been outclassed by the current version of the SD R ( which I own). The Ducati has more power, better suspension and electronics...
dont doubt that..
take a walk over to a duc forum sometime.. the only way id own one is with an iron clad extended warranty and i know the owner of newport beach duc

the h2sx now i could trust that little forced air hussy

Last edited:
Back