Drive shaft sleeve?

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Could someone put me out of my misery I seem to be missing a drive shaft sleeve its not listed for sale? Or is the pic insinuating the splined sleeve on the bevel box
Screenshot_20200526_155133.jpg

Nearly a year later a reply :)

I've got the same situation. I've been following the service manual that says to put the sleeve back in but I didn't have one to take out. It's not on the parts fische either so I proceeded to search on here and found your post. So unless someone knows better I'm just going to put the bevel box back on without the mysterious part, like it was before.

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_173846.jpg
    IMG_20210323_173846.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210323_173850.jpg
    IMG_20210323_173850.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 21
Maybe the sleeve is the bit attached to my bevel box still. I gave it a good tug and couldn't get it off (fnar fnar), so presumed it was part of the bevel box itself. Oh well. I'll try harder to remove it if I've got the bevel box off again

The only sleeve I've ever seen in that area is the splined collar and it's pressed onto the final drive so ????

Like the lock Ness monster (which most people never see) don't worry about it. :)
On mine there is a foam rubber sleeve or bushing, that over time gets compressed down due to driveshaft angle. I called my Triumph dealer to purchase a new one, and she said not in any of their listings. None show up on Hermy's listings either. Mine is an "05"

On mine there is a foam rubber sleeve or bushing, that over time gets compressed down due to driveshaft angle. I called my Triumph dealer to purchase a new one, and she said not in any of their listings. None show up on Hermy's listings either. Mine is an "05"

guessing that it was something that someone used to hold thee driveshaft so it would be easy to install the final drive

guessing that it was something that someone used to hold thee driveshaft so it would be easy to install the final drive
Don't think that's the case, looks to me like a factory made part, possibly they felt wasn't necessary and dropped it. I put it back every time I pull the shaft. My brother bought the bike new.

Nearly a year later a reply :)

I've got the same situation. I've been following the service manual that says to put the sleeve back in but I didn't have one to take out. It's not on the parts fische either so I proceeded to search on here and found your post. So unless someone knows better I'm just going to put the bevel box back on without the mysterious part, like it was before.
This forum is a labyrinth of information... I can't complain in the least ... Happy it was helpfull to others🤣🤣

Back