Drive Shaft Removal

If your a Darksider I think I would start at 5000 miles and see if it looks good so you can safely judge whether something like 10,000 is good. I would not wait till your tire wears out as they last a long fricken time.

Mate , i would let your Dealer know what you have found. I had the same experience, my spline was rooted though. A mate at a Triumph Dealership went through every directive back to 2006, Triumph has ' never ' told their techs to grease that spline. It is not mentioned on any ' sceduled service ' so it is never done. After finding these facts out i contacted Triumph Australia. They replaced the driveshaft ( i've got a spare now ) and the spline in the diff under warranty. At the time mine stuffed up i was actually a couple of months out of warranty. I had done a lot of miles in the first 2 years but they still came to the party .. after a bit of shoving. Like i said i grease mine every time a get a new back tyre now.

Yep, Tomcat....
I have never seen anything in writing to lube anything in the drive train. I thought is was a sealed maintenance free system. Sorry to hear you also had a bad experience.
Strange that the spline coming off the moter had plenty of grease. I think it was an error that mine didn't get greased when they did the recall of the final drive.

If your a Darksider I think I would start at 5000 miles and see if it looks good so you can safely judge whether something like 10,000 is good. I would not wait till your tire wears out as they last a long fricken time.

You'll never see a car tire on my bike.
Thanks for your help warp....
Carl

Back