Don't forget the sealing washers...

As my 600 service was at the dealer and included oil change, I guess is them who forgot to install one of the sealing washers in the engine oil drain plugs... just noticed today doing myself my late 5000 miles oil change... just one more reason to do it yourself.

20220115_134512.jpg

20220115_134316.jpg

20220116_114103.jpg
I found this on my first oil change too.. The washer was still stuck to the oil pan and didnt fall like the other two.

Yes sir, either do it yourself or double check everything. Recently got new tires on the cage. Driving home, it felt weird, loose like over inflated tires. Got home, checked the PSI and not only were they over inflated, each tire was at a different PSI ranging from 39 to 49. Seriously? The spec on the door sticker is 36 all the way around. Similar issue for the back tire of the R3. Took it to a local bike shop who works on a lot of sport bikes and cruisers. It's not a fly by night mom and pop hole in wall but well known. Had them mount and balance the back tire. Brought it home, installed the wheel and put everything back together, torqued the bolts, loctite etc., being very meticulous. Lowered the bike to the ground and the rear tire was **** near flat. Had only 8 psi in it!!! Come on. I was going to check my pressures anyway, but seriously guys. It pays to wrench your own stuff and if not, double check.

Back