Dobeck fuel module

davidr2023

.020 Over
Ride
triumph rocket roadster
Hi all ive heard the dobeck fuel module helps engine to run better as i have a single pipe and ramair filter fitted but does any1 know if it is suitable for 2018 roadster as my bike seems to be idleing rough and not sure what is the best way to go

It's difficult to say why your bike is idling rough David because it could be a number of things.

If you are still running the stock tune with your setup though you can probably bet it is running lean. I'd give Dobek a call or email them. I had a Gen 3 EJK for my Kawasaki Nomad and it is very simple to set, providing different options for various riding expectations such as cruising, performance etc. If you go to the Contact page there is a number to call (tough from Oz) and an email contact form for either tech or sales. Riders I know who contacted Dobek said they are extremely friendly and helpful.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

This is the product line for the Rocket. You can get the Gen 2, 3 or 4 controllers and even rent a diagnostic tool.

Triumph Rocket III - Dobeck Performance Products: EFI Controllers, AFR Gauge

Thanks guys i might email dobeck as for tune ecu i no very little about that stuff and its hard to find somewere to get a good tune ive done the 12 minute tune but didnt make it any better it seems to idle between 800 and 1000 jumping up and down its ok when riding it but i feel it could be running alot smoother with the right tune

I just looked at tune ecu and correct me if im wrong but can that just be plugged in and it will tune the bike from a computer and are they easy to use

So simple even I could successfully do it and all the secretaries and administrative staff call me "The Ultimate Luddite"...

I just looked at tune ecu and correct me if im wrong but can that just be plugged in and it will tune the bike from a computer and are they easy to use

Careful here.

Tune ECU is an interface program that allows a computer to connect to the ECU.

It does NOT/NOT in and of itself, use any kind of algorithms to modify the performance of the engine.

It DOES allow a person, either by direct entry, or by loading a modified ECU map obtained elsewhere (such as the Resources tab on this site), to modify the performance of the engine.

This is in contrast to the DOBECK unit (I have one for sale) that is a near-real-time computer with its own algorithms able to adjust the fuel/air mixture on the fly using a Bosch wideband O2 sensor and the bike's ECU map as a baseline.

The Power Commander is similar - also a piggyback system, that is inserted electrically between the ECU and the fuel injectors thus able to modify the performance of the engine.

Well yes and no. I had a friend download the tune on my 2007 R3 Classic years ago and when I tried to download one onto my 2009 Touring, I couldn't get my computer to talk to my ECU, which apparently has been a problem at time. Fortunately, Claviger had come over and brought his laptop with him. We transferred the tune to his laptop and he successfully downloaded it after making a few modifications to it, something I would not have been able to do.

The big advantages with Tune ECU is that it is free and flexible, that is, you can modify the tune you download if it is "not quite right". You must get a cable and download the cable drivers first, then download the desired tune.

With the Dobek you are buying a controller but it is stupidly easy to install and set. It comes with recommended initial settings but those can be modified with the push of a few buttons on the controller. Someone told me that Dobek was the original developer of the Power Commander. I don't know how true that is though.

I think you may find the ECU is locked on a 2018 model. Not certain but believe I read it somewhere.

Back