Not Ready To Give Up Just Yet

As the mid-west know, " If you don't like the weather......wait 5 minutes".

It's only Friday morning so I'm not giving up quite yet but everything is pointing toward (not that) a Sunday with fog and rain in the morning and rain in the afternoon. It's only 30 % right now so let's keep watching and making a decision Saturday afternoon. Sound OK?

I'm all for waiting to see what evolves. It sounds like it would have been better to choose Saturday, but that's the way the "Rocket riding" bounces.

I'll stay tuned for the latest.

See ya.

Sounds like Sunday's temp is not going to be as low as stated a few days ago. 57 & cloudy may not be too bad to ride at Rocket speed. Now, for an hour straight, that may chill the nads a bit, but if the timing is right, a stop or two might warm one just enough to feel like riding on.

Maybe we'll see you guys after all. I'll sit tight to see what the majority call is.

See ya.

WeatherBug Forecase

Okay, I've been following the forecast like a Bull Elephant in Musk. Yesterday morning it said high of 48 with early morning fog and 30% chance of rain. Last night it was nothing but sunshine and low 50's.

At 11:00 am today it says, " Cloudy. Areas of dense fog and patchy drizzle in the morning...then areas of drizzle in the afternoon. Mild with the highs in the upper 50's. Southeast winds 5 to 15 mph shifting Southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon".

You know I'm a "Wuss" about riding in the rain. My philosophy stated if the bike gets wet....I'll have to sell it! But, I'm going to take a chance and say LET'S RIDE TOMORROW.

Unless I hear different, here's the plan. Tomo and Pig9r meet me at the Denny's at 105th and Metcalf at 11:00 am. We'll stop at Great Wolf Lodge (State Ave & 435) by 11:30 to meet Raymond and Rusty. We'll depart there for Parkville around 11:45 am and head for the Power Plant located at 2 Main Street. If we miss connections along the way, print out a Yahoo map of the location, throw it on the bike and meet us there around 12:15 pm.

See You All Tomorrow! P.S. I just noticed the title says Forecase instead of Forecast! Problem is when you edit, it doesn't include the title. Maybe we'll talk of this and other things over some GRUB tomorrow?

Last edited:
I'm like Pianoman, if I get caught in the rain, it means alot of dedicated time getting the Rocket back to top shape, and you never get in all the nooks & crannies where water would be able to get (and take dust & dirt along with it). I'll study the latest report this evening & see what is stated. I could, at the least, respond accordingly in the morning, especially since I would need to get one of the earliest starts.

Check for info tomorrow Pianoman. I'll PM you one way or the other, unless I can't achieve an internet connection, then I'll contact you by landline (or in your case, "airline").

See ya.

I'm gonna have to pass... I won't be able to get out (if at all) until later in the afternoon.

You guys have a good ride!!!

It's 6:20 pm, I've been working on the bike since about 1:30. Had to add another adornment. Well, what is the general consenses about tomorrow morning? I know there will be a lot of moisture on the road as there was this morning but that won't be too tough to deal with once on the highway.

Let's see, Pig9r, Raymond and Pianoman (now that Tomo is excused), how shall we call this one?

I'm Still Going

Rusty...... I'm planning on going even if it's just me. If you come down, I'll either see you at The Great Wolf Lodge at 11:30 am or at The Power Plant around 12:15 pm. Hope Pig9r and Raymond can attend.

Unless the weather is not fit for riding, I'll see you at the Lodge about 11:30, at least that is my plan as of 7:56 pm Saturday evening. I will PM you in the morning if anything changes Pianoman.

See ya.

Back