When I receive the package I'll post a little review as to my experience. It will be a good test as I currently have an engine management light on the t bird that won't clear.

IMG_2490.JPG
Well, crap that was fast... sent from the UK on the 2nd and arrived today. No time to install the software today but I'll give it a go tomorrow

The beginning...
My computer is a 2006 Dell running windows 7. I'm an apple guy but I kept this PC for that occasion where a mac falls short... this is it. Dealertool is the only installed program.

Based on the system requirements for the software it will work on pretty much everything up to windows 10. The install instructions are pretty good. After installing the CD take the Minuit that it takes to read the install instructions as there are a couple of differences as it compares to other software you may have installed in the past. When the install window comes up you need to install the drivers first then after that is complete install the software. In my case both installs went smooth. The next thing you need to do is set up the interface cable this is completed without connecting it to the bike. With the Dealertool running, at the bottom of the screen you will see three little boxes, one indicates your operating system, the next one is the com port the interface cable is connected too. Simply plug in the cable to a USB port and under options in dealertool select the recognized com port. Once that is complete it's time to connect to the bike.

Connect the cable to the bike, select ECU data on the main screen and in the pop up window select read ECU and if everything was installed correctly your bikes ECU data will be displayed. You are then prompted to send the ECU registration number to keyreg at Dealertool to obtain a registration key to access the software....this is where I stop as I wait for the registration key.

So far so good

being a 2014 bike you are running the same map as the current bikes as there has not been any changes or update that I am aware of since mid 2013

I use it because there is a digital nanny on my Speed Triple that causes a tiny little wrench icon to come on when it is time to change the oil and I haven't found any other way to reset it after an oil change. Reasonably self explanatory software that worked as advertised

Got the registration code, plugged it in and we were set to go. No issues at all. The code was for the exhaust valve motor cable. Now I just have to figure out the adjustment and clear the code.
I ran through the entire program and I'm a fan. Dealertool does exactly what it claims... haven't tried the abs bleed yet... if your looking for a tool to help service the machine I think this is a great choice.

Got the registration code, plugged it in and we were set to go. No issues at all. The code was for the exhaust valve motor cable. Now I just have to figure out the adjustment and clear the code.
I ran through the entire program and I'm a fan. Dealertool does exactly what it claims... haven't tried the abs bleed yet... if your looking for a tool to help service the machine I think this is a great choice.
great that is exactly what the TEX forum user have said about DealerTool, in coming years if Triumph does not dump the Rocket they will have to make it Euro emissions compliant which means they Will lock the ECU just as are slowly doing to more and more of the Range, a local Ulysses mate asked me about helping with his new Speed Cup Bonneville as now has a locked ECU and he wants to do his own servicing but he is going to have to get the DealerTool to get rid of the spanner as I will too when the TEX is due for a service first I will try the free Tiger 800 and Explorer version (written by a a TEX owner who also owns a Tiger 800, it has only been tested on these models so not sure if it will work on other models) if it is Good as DealerTool then I will have only had to spend $20 for the cable

Back