I was planning on going this year. I was going to trailor to Savannah and hook up with my best friend and ride down from there. But over the weekend he suggested we do another bikefest that week I think also in Florida that is a smaller version. Do you know what he is talking about? Sturgis in 07 is an absolute! R3's get full respect from the Harley boys there, found that out last year.

Years ago I was a regular. I believe the estimated attendance was nearing 300K by the time of my last communion. I trailered my ride to http://volusiaspeedwaypark.com/ and tent camped. Then, I only needed a place to crash for a few hours until starting the process over again at daylight. Their advancements in enabling motorhomes during bikeweek has apparently significantly expanded. I/we were usually amongst a very small crowd of campers back a decade ago. :bch: Lots of suds in those daze.
My absolute favorite was Ironhorse Saloon. :bch:

Raymond

I believe is talking about either the Ybor City bike fest in Tampa Bay in April (the month we were born) or there is one in May the Thunder beach fall bike rally. Also there is the Leesburg bike fest in April. take you pick. My Ant lives In FT. Lauderdale so we are going to trailer to her house then ride from there.

I am riding to Myrtle Beach, SC bike week this year. It is closer to the northern states and held May 11-20 when most chance of snow has past. Plus, it is smaller. That's a plus in my book.

South Carolina

I have a Brother In SC just off the Island of the Palms. He drives one of those custom back brackers. Anything over an hour and he starts winning about his back.

Myrtle Beach or Murder Beach??

I've been hearing bad things about Myrtle Beach bike week.......More like Murder Beach Fright Week.

There is a guy at work who goes every year and says it's positively crazy. Folks getting shot, bikes burned and stolen, drag racing on main street and 60,000 bikes concentrated in a small area. I don't know whether to believe him or not but I sure don't want to compromise the R3 or myself for that matter. Need some more input. I'm not one for concentrated humanity, let alone concentrated drunks and idiots. Seems as though every time you get concentrated humanity, **** always starts.:D

How's about it Skullwrench, you live there. Any firsthand knowledge or input??

Back