Dave Platt Exhaust

when the ECU is cracked the MOT won't be an issue if the re-map is on the rider profile only, or would they check all the profiles?
So far all ECU flashes I have seen for EU4/5 are secondary flashes. No map switch. The ECU reports this if asked. Also any factory re-coding will erase the re-flash.

The only way I can see to pass the MOT will be to do what I currently do.with my 2.3. Put everything back standard - OEM pipes and MAP - Pass the MoT and put everything back to modified again after. Here the bike MoT is after 4 years, then every 2 years. It is a PITA - if it was yearly - gawd no.

I have a mate who is a dealer and they keeps sets of stock pipes - for this very purpose - for their customers.

Hearing the popping on decel after picking up the Rocket GT, I took it to a local shop with an exhaust gas spectrometer and it was running on the ragged edge of too lean.
Was fluctuating between 14 and 15 fuel to air.. Checked for an exhaust/header leak, but all was tight. Its not terrible with stock exhaust, but aftermarket would sound
like a piece of trash on decel... Love the bike, dont get me wrong, but no telling what a good fuel map would do on a dyno to turn on the HP.
I have a feeling Triumph detuned the fuel delivery system to get it under 170hp.. Fuel is the easiest way to do that after the bike is assembled with a computer driven map.

Exactly.

You are a bad man!.
2 years in and nobody has 100% managed to crack the KTM790Duke - and there is a HUGE amount of sales potential there. There are piggy back solutions - but none of them are anywhere near to fully overriding without error. A few EU5 "systems" (notably Bosch) are using a variable timed signal to poll the Lambda sensors. The resistor mod simply fails. They work, but you get an error light on ALL THE TIME. Fine for a track bike - but on the road that'd get old real quick.

I must be getting old too. I'm sort of past the bother of messing about. I am now happy to live vicariously through the posts of @RICHARD ALBANS , @R-III-R Turbo etc. God bless them. ;)
I know the feeling and defo following that one with a slightly unhealthy interest. 😂

Anyone know a replacement part # for stock Lambda sensor, it says Japan on it with some numbers that say I think AZD 4002-BA001, Stock sensors are on back order and I wanted a spare incase I hose up the stock experimenting. Stock is T2207898

Did some R&D this weekend with some baffles and engineering, got rid of decel pop using modified baffles, Now the sound matches the looks, not too quiet , not too loud. Cone is inserted in header pipe, baffles in each can you can leave end cap in or out or drill holes to suit your taste for noise level. Stock set up is lean so I will be next experimenting with a AF-axied 02 manipulator to enrich things.
20200726_142933.jpg
20200724_161540.jpg

Quiet video, upload doesn't do justice, really sounds sweet.
Good update! I am looking forward to getting my Platte pipes some time next week.... would you be willing to share the specs of the baffles you built? Or, maybe even, consider a side job for any interested parties? (such as myself...:D

Back