Oh hell, while I'm here....
I've been running a Rikon Raptor for several years. Call me nuts, but it has almost 50,000 miles on it. I'd say closer to 46,000 but it's been awhile and my memory is froggy. It was a little squirrely at first, but the longer I rode it, the more the tire rounded itself out. Its pretty close to bald, and hydroplanes on the slightest puddle. Personally, it adds to the fun of riding in the rain. I'm seriously considering going back to stock Metzler, but it's been so long I forgot why I switched.
I figure I saved about $4000 in rear tires since I put on the Rikon. I used to average about 3000 miles per tire, and it was a bit painful every time I had it replaced. My 2005 R3 just rolled 100,000 miles and it will get a new Rikon tomorrow. Thanks for helping me decide again!

Oh hell, while I'm here....
I've been running a Rikon Raptor for several years. Call me nuts, but it has almost 50,000 miles on it. I'd say closer to 46,000 but it's been awhile and my memory is froggy. It was a little squirrely at first, but the longer I rode it, the more the tire rounded itself out. Its pretty close to bald, and hydroplanes on the slightest puddle. Personally, it adds to the fun of riding in the rain. I'm seriously considering going back to stock Metzler, but it's been so long I forgot why I switched.
I figure I saved about $4000 in rear tires since I put on the Rikon. I used to average about 3000 miles per tire, and it was a bit painful every time I had it replaced. My 2005 R3 just rolled 100,000 miles and it will get a new Rikon tomorrow. Thanks for helping me decide again!
mate I just went to a ct only seven thousand km on my mezzie and I nursed it 440 dollars compared to 140 and decision made !

Back