Dakota Dash - 2013 R3

Mick G

Roadster 174HP
Ride
2014 Rocket Roadster
Hi All,
I have finally found someone to have a crack at fitting a Dakota Digital Dash to my 2013 Rocket - Has anyone else gone down this track and know the tricks for over coming the CAN-BUS issues - not sure if that right term as am just a driller not up there with tech stuff

Pretty sure the R3 is NOT CAN-BUS.
@DEcosse will know for sure as he has mentioned something like this in the past

The Roadsters and Touring models are actually CANBUS, Tony - only the std/classics are not.

You have a real task ahead of you getting over the CANBUS interlock - the problem is not getting the analog signals but overcoming fact that OEM gauge is not connected and bike will not start without it.

Only thing I know of is the Motogadget m-tri - not available for Rocket specifically but you MIGHT be able to get one of the other models to work
m-TRI Signal Adapter für Triumph

It is quite expensive for what it is!!!!

Other option is to leave your OEM gauge connected under your tank somewhere .......

No personal experience with the Dakota Digital system, but know of 2 guys who attempted it with their Mean Streak systems. Both got it to work in part and ended up abandoning the system. Neither ever got full functionality, it just seemed like far to much effort for to little cool factor to me.

The Roadsters and Touring models are actually CANBUS, Tony - only the std/classics are not.

You have a real task ahead of you getting over the CANBUS interlock - the problem is not getting the analog signals but overcoming fact that OEM gauge is not connected and bike will not start without it.

Only thing I know of is the Motogadget m-tri - not available for Rocket specifically but you MIGHT be able to get one of the other models to work
m-TRI Signal Adapter für Triumph

It is quite expensive for what it is!!!!

Other option is to leave your OEM gauge connected under your tank somewhere .......
Cheers - I was Actually thinking about that - As I run Pods I got plenty room under seat

Back