D & D exhaust - ideas for reducing noise

AnthonyD

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3T
Due to recent onset of Tinnitus due to chemotherapy (but it's in remission, hurrah!), I'm finding the sound from my D&D's a little too loud to tolerate. Ear plugs help, but I'd like to bring the noise level down.

Has anyone ever added an extra baffle, or one of the products known as "dB killers" to a D&D pipe? Was considering a couple of these found on Ebay:

Adjustable Insert Removable Tip Muffler For Car 3.5'' 4'' 4.5'' Exhaust Silencer 684758617064 | eBay

Any of our learned Captains have reason to think it's a bad idea to try?

I didn't want to revert to the stockers, just because they're so restricted. TORS would be nice, but practically unobtanium nowadays......

I'm running the D&D's with the Power-Tripp R3T tune.

Any and all ideas/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

First, congrats on the remission from the cancer. That's great. The noise factor was the reason I replaced the Jardine 3-1 on my 07 Classic with TORs. If the D&D baffles are removable you can also wrap them with fiberglass wrap especially for that purpose. It is sold on ebay for specific baffle diameters.

Drag Specialties 8.5" Exhaust Baffle Fiberglass Wrap Fits 2.5" OD Exhaust Pipe | eBay

One can also order a role of the stuff that you must tie off on each baffle end with SS wire. That's what I used on a couple of Harley exhausts and it really helped.

On the muffler tips, it appears they would significantly reduce exhaust flow and increase back pressure.

Congrats on wooping your cancer, keep it up man. Im with you on the tinnitus thing, I too run d and d slip ons, not wanting to add anymore restrictions the sound level is gonna have to be corrected in the ear canal, I didn’t want to hear that but guys are right if you want power. Free exhaust, no taters,earplugs, full face with great sound deflection and hope that keeps the ringing to a minimum where it doesn’t hurt bad. Keep up the fight bud

Thanks very much for the comments and suggestions all!

I have 07 Classic with DandDs wife said too load , so i added some slip in baffles a buddy gave me . then I added about 12 inch extensions LOL I have a sidecar and needed sound farther back LOL or she wouldn't ride ...I also just added foam air filter.and eliminated stock air box and filter.... ant suggestions on tunes available

Back