D@D exhaust 3:2. Do I need to reflash?

All depends on how you define need.

IMHO, on a perfectly stock R3, the factory mapping can be greatly improved for performance, economy, and smoothness. The OEMs have to get a bike to pass emissions - noise and gas emissions. This means that the mapping is not best for output and smooth, crisp response.

The further you get from stock, the more the mapping requirements change.

D&D upgrade!

Hi Capts!

finally I decided to upgrade my brand new RocketIII Standard(!) 2009 with these Dragon Nostrils pipes (loud pipes save lives!) and I just reconize the kit includes "jets" to upgrade carbs...(?)
Does somebody knows something about?
What High_Flow filetr do you reccomand (just 1, underseat or 3 K&N, under bear-claw?)
Thanks for your replies.

OT: at the moment I still not "on" to send MPs: RidinSunshine? I would like to buy your Sissy-Bar with Rack: want you please ship it ito Italy?

Hi Capts!

finally I decided to upgrade my brand new RocketIII Standard(!) 2009 with these Dragon Nostrils pipes (loud pipes save lives!) and I just reconize the kit includes "jets" to upgrade carbs...(?)
Does somebody knows something about?
What High_Flow filetr do you reccomand (just 1, underseat or 3 K&N, under bear-claw?)
Thanks for your replies.

OT: at the moment I still not "on" to send MPs: RidinSunshine? I would like to buy your Sissy-Bar with Rack: want you please ship it ito Italy?

bongiorno BH

de genova molto bene . que pensa della R3 de extrem design in chivasso? (torino)
penso corsare a chivasso nel mese de luglio
adesso incora nella citta de calgary

Duke is there a language you DON'T type? lol

Jets? .... what are those? hehe This is the 21st century, Hardley and Briggs and Stratton are the only thing using jets these days. (and I think Briggs is ahead of Hardley in engine technology)

There is no comparison to triple K&N's, if you want the best it's your only choice. If the intake noise is going to be a bother (with loud pipes you won't even notice it) a K&N under tank filter is the runner up. An under seat filter in the stock box is still going to be pulling air from under the back of the seat, so performance upgrades are seriously hampered without getting away from that.
If you haven't done so, exhaust and intake is going to require a PCIII to richen the mixture, the reduced back pressure and intake restriction will lean out the fuel. May I suggest a PCIII, remove the secondaries, triple K&N's and a GiPro? Along with a good dyno tune this combo should net you serious HP and Torque along with excellent throttle response and scary quick acceleration off the line. T-evans and I have nearly identical set-ups (different exhaust), and couldn't be happier with the performance. This combination also happens to be the most economical route as well, I found that out the hard way. :rolleyes:

Great!

Perfectly clear, HellFire! It's all I need: IOU a couple of beers!

Hey Duke! you'll be really in Italy, here in the neightbors in july?
Please post news in those days (my job is a 3stars Hotel in Genova, maybe I will be able to help you):cool:

Perfectly clear, HellFire! It's all I need: IOU a couple of beers!

Hey Duke! you'll be really in Italy, here in the neightbors in july?
Please post news in those days (my job is a 3stars Hotel in Genova, maybe I will be able to help you):cool:

Yes I will come by this july and .........collect the suds you are buying to Hellfire , I want to see the R3 of extrem design in chivasso and it is not that far from genova. let you know it will be around july 14th . I have not had simple pasta alla putanesca for a long time.good food is what makes me happy..

duke is there a language you don't type...lol

HF
I love the italian language and the food , and I kind of get myself understood when there and french is my mother tongue thats'it

and I speak motorbikes...been riding for 27 years and ........fell only once , in what is referred as a brown ice incident in a swiss mountain pass in a hairpin a big cow patty left in my path as I leaned into the turn and sliced through it the result ..broken turn signal , bruises and brown ice on the cylinders fins and gloves.. always been careful of swiss cows from then on.

duke is there a language you don't type...lol

HF
I love the italian language and the food , and I kind of get myself understood when there and french is my mother tongue thats'it

and I speak motorbikes...been riding for 27 years and ........fell only once , in what is referred as a brown ice incident in a swiss mountain pass in a hairpin a big cow patty left in my path as I leaned into the turn and sliced through it the result ..broken turn signal , bruises and brown ice on the cylinders fins and gloves.. always been careful of swiss cows from then on.
I know a couple folks who speak different languages, but typing them out is another story. I need to step up my spanish before retirement.

I read worst italian many times! and I'm appreciating the effort expecially when in "puttanesca talk"! So I'm doing the same with this kind of broken english!

Here in Genova we have lot of recepies you'll maybe like as "focaccia di Recco" (kind of hot bread with creamy fresh cheese, presented like a cutted white pizza) or "trofie al pesto" (fresh eggs hand made little pasta with fresh basil/cheese/pine nuts sauce): forget Chivasso!

I read worst italian many times! and I'm appreciating the effort expecially when in "puttanesca talk"! So I'm doing the same with this kind of broken english!

Here in Genova we have lot of recepies you'll maybe like as "focaccia di Recco" (kind of hot bread with creamy fresh cheese, presented like a cutted white pizza) or "trofie al pesto" (fresh eggs hand made little pasta with fresh basil/cheese/pine nuts sauce): forget Chivasso!

HUMMM....tempting tempting .. dov'e l'uscita.

.HF

and as far as Spanish, I worked there (barcelona) for five years but just could 'nt get very fluent between catalan, basques, and the rest it was onfusing most of the time

hasa luego chico

Back