Correct oil level check procedure

Scholle

Never say never
Ride
2005 Rocket III
In our German Rocket Forum there is a small disagreement about the oil level check procedure on the new Rocket. In the English version of the manual it says that the bike for checking the oil level should be on the side stand, in the German translation it says that the bike should stand upright, just like the old Rocket. What is correct? Is the German translation incorrect or is the original version correct?

Does anyone know about this topic?

Regards, Georg

It's been discussed many times here,my take is that there is so much oil capacity, there's not enough difference to matter

In our German Rocket Forum there is a small disagreement about the oil level check procedure on the new Rocket. In the English version of the manual it says that the bike for checking the oil level should be on the side stand, in the German translation it says that the bike should stand upright, just like the old Rocket. What is correct? Is the German translation incorrect or is the original version correct?

Regards, Georg
Well thats a good question? If I had 2020 rocket and it was time to drop the break in oil. I would drain it add new filter and the required amount if oil. Start it up to circulate the oil. Then shut her down and see what the level is on the side stand and standing upright. If there is a dipstick you should be able to see which one is correct. It might be both ways fall between the marks (if they have them?

Last edited:
Well thats a good question? If I had 2029 rocket and it was time to drop the break in oil. I would drain it add new filter and the required amount if oil. Start it up to circulate the oil. Then shut her down and see what the level is on the side stand and standing upright. If there is a dipstick you should be able to see which one is correct. It might be both ways fall between the marks (if they have them?
It was indeed a fine year.:confused:

F408FEEE-796A-4860-A40D-BAED73EE9CC3.png

Regards, Georg
Hello, I hope this helps.
I just collected my TFC from dealership and was told to put bike on side stand. Wait about 15/20 minutes for level to stabilise, (due to having dry sump evidently).
After this time, check and adjust oil level.
The dealers is "Youles Triumph - Blackburn UK) Worth calling them if you are stuck.

Back