Corbin seats, latch problem?

1FastRocket

.040 Over
I've got a corbin "young guns" saddle. Only had it on the bike for 350mi and I've noticed that I can't get it to latch all the way down. It looks to me like the gate inside the latch is bent. I know that it is supposed to be a snug fit and I was able to lock it into position when I first put it on. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? :roll:

The seat is very hard compared to the stock, and takes about 1500 miles to break in. That being said, it gives much better support than the OEM and with proper care should last a very long time. In the long run the corbin will be more comfortable(especially after break in) but your first impression will be that it is a hard seat. 8)

I've got a corbin "young guns" saddle. Only had it on the bike for 350mi and I've noticed that I can't get it to latch all the way down. It looks to me like the gate inside the latch is bent. I know that it is supposed to be a snug fit and I was able to lock it into position when I first put it on. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? :roll:
A little of a late reply, but I had the same problem on a 07 Classic. Ended up putting some washers under the parts that clips into the seat lock until the seat "bedded in" enough to take the washers out. Still have to apply a little pressure to the seat above the lock when I unlock it, but I still don't have that many miles on the seat.

i had a very bad experience with a new fast gun seat. Sent it back 3 times, it would no latch and they refused any further work.
I had to rip out the latch, epoxy the hole over and reinstall with the latch from a different seat, long screws and 1/2 inch of washers to space the latch up..
Still loosens, requiring occasional gentle tightening.
Great seat, but I'll never buy another Corbin product.

i had a very bad experience with a new fast gun seat. Sent it back 3 times, it would no latch and they refused any further work.
I had to rip out the latch, epoxy the hole over and reinstall with the latch from a different seat, long screws and 1/2 inch of washers to space the latch up..
Still loosens, requiring occasional gentle tightening.
Great seat, but I'll never buy another Corbin product.

Bought a second hand Fast Gun that had obviously had a hard life,but the seat pin had pulled out of the base and nowhere to be seen!
Emailed Corbin didn’t even get a reply so made my own and riveted that to the base,not sure that the rear profile seats on the rear mudguard that well, would be disappointed if I’d payed £500 plus for a new one

After the first bad rework with the pin still badly off the mark,
I asked them if they hadn't made a Rocket seat in a while and no one there 'remembered' how.
No, no, we make them all the time.
Given what I've heard of Corbin problems just on here in the past 12 years, seems like 10% of customers have real problems with them.
Impossible to verify, but f**k Corbin.

Yes, I had the same issue it locked the first time but not again.
The problem is easy to fix, the pin on the seat is just a fraction too short.
It is threaded so all you have to do is unscrew it a bit (I put a thin washer in just to keep it at that length).

Boy, this is a great thread for me to vent old grievances!
The pin on my Fast gun was not threaded, it was glued into the seat pan.
Maybe they learned from past mistakes. Lucky me.

Back