Coolant Leaking from Bypass Pipe

terabytesn1

Standard Bore
I have coolant leaking from the bypass pipe under the stat, the pipe has a 90 degree bend in it and you can see what looks like silicon sealant around it and this is where the leak is, does anyone know if this pipe is just a push fit to the cylinder head?

Attachments

• BypassPipe.jpg
    BypassPipe.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 13
Shouldn't be since the fluid is under pressure. Sounds like the tube is bad.

I think we may be CORNFUSED!! The pipe from the water pump has an O-ring and is bolted to the head (as IDK & I have said), but you are talking about the bypass hose, as per your lil' picture.

And no, sorry, I don't know how that is fitted, never had it out.

Prolly just a tight/push fit??? Maybe needs removal & re-sealing with some sort of sealant? Workshop manual is silent on the subject.

Don't imagine silicone would be up to the job......

thanks for the replys, went to Stratstone Triumph today and asked if there was a seal for the bypass pipe, they asked their tech who used to work on the line at Triumph building the rockets, he said no seal its just an interference fit with a bit of sealant round it!!!!! real classy piece of engineering there triumph, so you just have to pull it out, clean it up, and stuff it back in with some sealant, so gonna give it a try.

Back