Chicken stripes??

What's a chicken stripe. :)
20200617_182544.jpg

Ok, I'll play. Consider this a review of the Michelin Road 5 rear tire (150/70ZR17, reversed direction) run on the front - first recommended by @1olbull . I just replaced it and decided to take a photo showing the wear. Still plenty of tread in the middle (need to do more on the straights), but the sides are getting a spongy feel and I thought I should probably get some new shoes. I got 5300 miles out of this tire, which for me is a record.
For the first time I succeeded in changing my own tire. I got a Mojo Lever. I'll post more on that latter.....
IMG_3293.JPG

Ok, I'll play. Consider this a review of the Michelin Road 5 rear tire (150/70ZR17, reversed direction) run on the front - first recommended by @1olbull . I just replaced it and decided to take a photo showing the wear. Still plenty of tread in the middle (need to do more on the straights), but the sides are getting a spongy feel and I thought I should probably get some new shoes. I got 5300 miles out of this tire, which for me is a record.
For the first time I succeeded in changing my own tire. I got a Mojo Lever. I'll post more on that latter.....
IMG_3293.JPG

That is great mileage from that Tyre, and great to see that you're not wasting any of that side rubber ! 😜
Do you know if these are available in a 140 section?

That is great mileage from that Tyre, and great to see that you're not wasting any of that side rubber ! 😜
Do you know if these are available in a 140 section?

Paul, I don't see a 140 option from the distributor I use here in the states. My guess is no. I wish they made a Road 5 for the rear in our size that would last so well. The tread is impressively deep.

IMG_3293.JPG
Hum? I get about 5k on a rear but usually more than that on a front. I just put that same tire on my Roadster so I’ll find out what I get. New Exedra Max on the rear at the same time.

Paul, I don't see a 140 option from the distributor I use here in the states. My guess is no. I wish they made a Road 5 for the rear in our size that would last so well. The tread is impressively deep.

O.K.
I've mailed my local dealer to ask, so will let you know the outcome.
My best rear Tyre so far.......
A.jpg

Back