Check Engine - adulterated fuel

mouneet

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket3R
Rocket3R purchased in Sep 2020. On my 400 kms trip to Goa, I had to refuel on the way at a highway gas station. When I entered Goa, I got a check engine light, and some of all electronics stopped working - Traction Control, Hill Hold. Luckily, there's a Triumph dealership in Goa and I had to visit them. They rested the error and said all is good. 5 minutes ride from the service station and again Check Engine. So I returned to them. Again a reset. The next day while in Goa, same thing. Finally, they told me that the error is related to engine misfire on all 3 cylinders at various points. Hence, the sensors trigger the check engine light. They said, this could be due to particles in the fuel, which should ideally go away when I rev the bike or going on higher speeds. But, that wasn't working. So I asked them to empty the entire fuel tank. When they saw the petrol pulled out from the tank, we could see black coloured debris floating in it. ADULTERATED PETROL. Finally, they put some fuel for me to ride to the nearest gas station, and I got lucky as Goa has a gas station with 100 octane petrol. Filled that. And was cautious where I am re-fuelling on my way back. The check engine light is gone. It never came back.

Back