Central Florida Ride

Too soon for me but I may steal your route map and do it on my own when I get down there! :thumbsup:

I arrive in Orlando 3/7, then heading for the Keys 3/10-13 (bike hopefully arrives on 3/11) and back to Orlando to do day trips to Daytona Bike Week 3/14-16.

In case this ride gets moved to 3/23 I will be checking out of Westgate up the road on Rt219 and going to my brothers about 4 miles from your second flag and could meet there...

It is a nice ride. I could meet you over your way and ride with you. We can also post to see if anyone else would like to join. Whadda ya think?

It is a nice ride. I could meet you over your way and ride with you. We can also post to see if anyone else would like to join. Whadda ya think?

I'm in. I'll be free from the 17th through the 24th except a friend staying in Boca Raton wants to come up and do some tourist stuff on 2 of those days. Too bad he didn't haul his bike down...

Besides that I don't have anything planned other than doing some riding.

I rode down Rt27 a ways several years ago but didn't venture off the main road or stop at any of the lakes.
I also did a run to Clearwater Beach but that wasn't too fun as the traffic was really bad that day on Rt4...

Last edited:
I would like to get a head count. @Thedogsbollocks and @Tripps are y'all going to be able to make the ride? Just want to know if we are to look for you. @Prestaged am looking forward to seeing you again. Will send y'all my cell phone number if you need to contact me. We will meet up at the Shell station (10704 US-98 N, Lakeland, Florida) at 9:00 am which is at the corner of US-98 and Rockridge Road.

Oh jeez, I'm in Raleigh this weekend, St George's Island next weekend, but I'll catch up one of these times

Took a windy run to Lake Okeechobee today and made it to the Smoke Shack BBQ right before they closed at 3pm. Wow, was that good.

They were out of pulled pork but the ribs and chicken were awesome.

They lived up to their reputation and the BBQ trophies they had there.
Unfortunately they closed the kitchen and I couldn't get a plate to take home for dinner.

I may have to take another ride down that way to go there again.

IMG_2269.JPG

Back