Can’t Disconnect

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
My speedometer started to operate intermittently a few months ago. The odometer also went dead and remains so. I checked the fuses, relays and speed sensor and see no problems there. Last thing I can think of to do is disconnect the connector between the gauge harness and the main harness. Problem is I can’t figure out how to disconnect it. There is a small tab that can be pressed down but I don’t see any clear delineation as to where the connector separates into two parts. Pressing the tab and trying to pull the connector apart isn’t working. Any tips for me?

Attachments

• IMG_5342.jpeg
    IMG_5342.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 14
My speedometer started to operate intermittently a few months ago. The odometer also went dead and remains so. I checked the fuses, relays and speed sensor and see no problems there. Last thing I can think of to do is disconnect the connector between the gauge harness and the main harness. Problem is I can’t figure out how to disconnect it. There is a small tab that can be pressed down but I don’t see any clear delineation as to where the connector separates into two parts. Pressing the tab and trying to pull the connector apart isn’t working. Any tips for me?

it is a common problem for the odometer to go blank
the speedo not so much
probably need yo slide alittle screwdriver inbetween a little and try to dig into the plastic to pry out while holding down the tab
also maybe tap the connector with screwdrive plastic handle to remove dirt and maybe give it a shot of wd40 to remove the dirt from the outer side to the inside.
it is like a tug of war to get them apart.
more than likely u will have to replace speedo assembly.

Back