RolandThompsonGunner

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 R
Hello,
First post on the forum. I was looking to do an ECU Map with tuneecu on my new to me 2020 Rocket 3 R, but to be on the safe side I wanted to pull the headlamp fuse. But for the life of me, I can't find the fuse for the headlights. I pulled the 7.5 lighting fuse according to the panel, but the headlights stayed on. Any tips?
Thanks!

Hello,
First post on the forum. I was looking to do an ECU Map with tuneecu on my new to me 2020 Rocket 3 R, but to be on the safe side I wanted to pull the headlamp fuse. But for the life of me, I can't find the fuse for the headlights. I pulled the 7.5 lighting fuse according to the panel, but the headlights stayed on. Any tips?
Thanks!
Think you're pulling the wrong fuse, think it's a 20 amp. fuse. Look at owner's manual closely and recheck fuse locations.

Think you're pulling the wrong fuse, think it's a 20 amp. fuse. Look at owner's manual closely and recheck fuse locations.

The owners manual says the following,:

1. Ignition 7.5
2. Lighting 7.5
3. Fuel pump 7.5
4. Instruments 5
5. Battery 7.5
6. Accessories 20
7. Cooling fan 20
8. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) 25
9. Engine management system 20

I am 100% positive I pulled the #2 fuse for lighting and still saw lights (maybe it was just the DRL though?) The only plausible 20 amp fuse would be accessory. Are you saying the headlamps or DRL's are on the accessory fuse?

Last edited:
Unfortunately no answer to this specific question for me, (in case anyone else runs into this issue in the future) but I was able to program the map successfully by hooking up a separate battery and tender, so I ultimately accomplished what I needed to.

The owners handbook is wrong (partly.)

Page 145 shows the fuses correctly as per your table above, but the diagram preceding it numbers them wrongly.

Compare the table and the diagram and you'll see.

The owners handbook is wrong (partly.)

Page 145 shows the fuses correctly as per your table above, but the diagram preceding it numbers them wrongly.

Compare the table and the diagram and you'll see.
Curious. On 145 in my manual, the two appear to correspond correctly. 2 on the table refers to lighting, and 2 on the visual diagram points to the fuse with the two lights symbol, which presumable is headlights. I went to Triumph's website and got the latest copy of the manual, and it also looks correct.
I went ahead and pulled that fuse again to test, but I still have front lights. Not sure what that's about, but I am just going to stop thinking about it. I was able to reprogram successfully without pulling them, so no need to worry about it.
On a side note, after the tune, the Rocket 3 is an absolute monster. It was a beast before, but it really has some cohones in 1-3 now.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't pay attention that you were on a Rocket 3 and I was thinking of my older Rocket III. Glad you were able to complete the change.

Back